BioWare: Environment Artist Contract
Location: Austin, Texas US
Requisition Number: 153140
Position Title: Associate Environment Artist
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
BioWare Austin is seeking a contract Environment Artist to join the Star Wars: the Old Republic team to deliver cutting edge visuals whilst retaining gameplay and exploration crafted by the world designers.
What the contract Environment Artist will do at BioWare Austin:
Working with the Lead Environment Artist you will be creating visually stunning worlds, taking a blocked out area to finish – propping, lighting, and adding VFX. You will work closely with the concept and design teams to make sure your work captures the vision and supports the open world gameplay crafted by the design team. You will also be working closely with our outsourcing team, following asset creation from start to finish, providing feedback and maintaining the assets conform to our quality and technical standards.
Who You Are:
- 5 years game industry experience
- Experience working on AAA console or PC open-world titles is preferable
- You have a sense of world building, creating visually interesting environments that support gameplay
- The candidate strives to push the visual look and stay within performance standards
- Has an eye for composition, lighting, color and detail
- 3d asset creation ability utilizing good modeling and texturing techniques with programs such as 3ds Max, Photoshop, Substance Painter/Designer, Zbrush
- An understanding of asset creation techniques such as high-low poly baking, efficient UV usage, modular asset sets, etc...
- Experience working with outsourcing artists, reviewing and providing feedback
- Technical skills that will allow you to make the most out of the technology you are using, and have your work stay within the given technical parameters
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Proficient communication skills
- A desire to work in a highly collaborative environment that embraces creativity
- Positive can do attitude
- Highly movitivated individual
- Good organizational skills
- Love of playing games
- Traditional art skills
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
Since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location:http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/austin
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare: Environment Artist Contract
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-10-18 16:44:00.38
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US