Software Developer (University Graduate)
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 153126
Position Title: Software Engineer I
Job Description: Software Engineer I
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
This exciting role offers a talented individual the opportunity to work on Enterprise applications and services. You will have the chance to build solutions that integrate and enhance key applications used in game development, including Perforce, GitLab, Jenkins and JIRA. You will have the ability to work with game teams such as FIFA, Madden, Battlefield and Battlefront, and central teams such as Frostbite and Origin. You should have a strong focus on innovation and leverage a deep passion for technology.
Enterprise-level solution ownership:
- Contributes on all facets of a project, including gathering requirements from key technical leaders, creating a vision and strategy, presenting to leadership, developing the product roadmap, ensuring projects are on track and completed on time, managing communication with all stakeholders, and collaborating with the development team
- Participates in all aspects of a service end-to-end, including design, implementation, support, vendor relations and customer interaction
- Manages the relationship with vendors if applicable, including sourcing, evaluation, and escalation
Coding, language, architectural design, testing and support:
- Develops solutions as part of the game development application services portfolio that are modular, portable, testable and reliable
- Understands coding best practices and standards; Participates in code reviews and provides constructive feedback on design and implementation, and integrates feedback received into future development tasks
- Participates in support and administrative actions related to the installation and maintenance of production systems, while also engineering solutions that require minimal support
- Leverages the cloud where appropriate, utilizing automation, cloud computing and configuration as code
Job qualifications and requirements
- Experience with enterprise SDLC/ALM tools, such as JIRA, Perforce, GitLab, and Jenkins
- Experience in database development
- Experience with virtualization and cloud platforms (e.g. VMware, Azure, or AWS); Preferred AWS or Azure certifications
- Good understanding of various project management models (specifically Agile)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume, deadline-driven environment
- Experience developing automation solutions using tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or Terraform is an asset
- Experience with automated build pipelines, continuous integration, and continuous deployment is an asset
- Experience in container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes is an asset
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning is an asset
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages; and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!
It’s not easy building the world’s best digital playground. It’s hair-standing-on-end exhilarating. It’s down-in-the-trenches challenging. It’s stroke-of-brilliance-at-midnight creative. It’s you—taking risks, challenging yourself, pursuing ideas, changing the way millions of people do something they love: play. In an industry that’s changing every day, EA is positioned for growth thanks to smart business plans, strategic acquisitions, and most importantly, our creative people around the world who gather each day to unite the world through play. We take that last part very seriously, so if what you’re reading excites you as much as it does us, apply today.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Developer (University Graduate)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-11-22 00:43:41.527
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA