Location: Vancouver, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 153110
Position Title: Technical Artist 1
EA studios Frameworks team is looking for talented individuals to help us fulfill our mission of providing innovative tools and workflows that enable EA to lead the industry in content quality. With locations across the globe, our group strives to build an ecosystem of modular components that are efficient, adaptable to trends and allow for quick iteration of any artistic idea into reality.
As a Technical Artist on the team, you will help develop tools which streamline, optimize and generally improve the workflows used to make content for our AAA games. The Frameworks team partners with several groups spanning all aspects of asset creation including character and world building, animation, rigging, audio and scanning, with whom we collaborate to bring art for modern games to life. As an individual contributor on the team, your job will be to work with the technical leads to come up with solutions to content creation problems, as well as write software and build tools that help our partner teams be more efficient in all aspects of asset creation.
- Identifying and solving complex, systematic problems in the domain of tools, pipeline and workflow development
- Analyzing problem spaces, risks and dependencies on tools
- Partnering closely with end users to understand their workflows and toolset needs
- Leveraging leading edge, innovative and pioneering work to advance EA’s technologies
- Architectural tool design, implementation and debugging
- Using coding standards on tool development
Required Technical Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Art, Fine Art or Science or equivalent training and professional experience
- Understanding of content creation/management pipelines for game production (has developed content creation/management pipelines for at least 1 game)
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- 5+ years of production experience with DCC apps. Houdini and Maya are preferred.
- 4 years+ production experience with programming/scripting languages. Python and C# are preferred
- 2 years+ production experience with a game engine such as Unreal, Unity, etc
- Previous experience in tool development that may include world editing tools, 2D and 3D art content pipelines, art importers/exporters, automated content/data build systems and GUI development.
- Experience working with both artists and engineers and understanding the gap between both disciplines. Ability to maintain strong communication across.
- Ability to analyze and improve workflow to enhance group productivity.
- Strong organizational skills. Self-driven
- Experience with C++
- Experience with Houdini and procedural solutions
- Experience with procedural content creation
- Exposure to unit testing frameworks (MBUnit, NUnit)
- Experience with build systems and concepts (TFS, Jenkins, NANT)
- Experience in working with Source Code Control Systems – TFS, Perforce, Source Safe, SVN, GIT
- Previous experience in WCF
- Experience with Agile (Scrum) development methodologies
- Expertise and experience in UI development
Performance Competencies (Non-Technical Skills):
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative interdisciplinary team environment
- Innovative mindset with focus on how to improve product quality as well as group productivity
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects/tasks.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-10-12 20:47:06.817
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA