Senior Art Director
Location: Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden
Requisition Number: 153099
Position Title: Senior Art Director
We are DICE
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning developer based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise.
The Challenge ahead
The art director is responsible for the visuals of the project. This includes the aesthetic look and the team of artists that creates the content. The AD is part of the core leads team of the project.
We would like our Sr Art Director to have
- A senior artist having worked on multiple titles, most likely with at least 8-15 years experience.
- Has a broad understanding for everything visual. This includes other mediums and a range of techniques.
- Leads a large team of artists, likely in the 30-70 range. This includes mentoring and coaching of several sub-leads.
- Excellent communications skills are needed to instruct, inform and guide the whole game team towards the set goals.
- Answers directly to the Head of Content, and the Senior Producer as the day-2-day manager on the project.
- Setting the art direction for the title. Develops the overall style and tone together with other directors.
- Deliver the visuals of the game to quality, within budget and in time.
- Leading the art team to success. The market is highly competitive and we must deliver inspiring experiences that can wow our players.
- Provide feedback to the artists, with a focus on artistic execution.
- Maintaining a well working and healthy team.
- Convey and champion the art direction to marketing and external partners.
- The go-to person for other disciplines, directors and leads when they have questions or concerns regarding the visuals.
What a Sr Art Director does at DICE
- Compile or produce reference material that guides the artists in their work.
- Making presentations regarding art direction, process, goals and results.
- Review and create plans for tasks, staffing, timelines and budgets.
- Plays the game and knows all levels and content. Might not know absolutely everything, but is likely the person on the team that knows the most about the content.
- Provide feedback to artists and external partners. This can be verbal or written, but visual sketches, paint-overs or mockups are even better.
- Review the in-game experience together with other directors, producers and leads.
- Lots of communication through email, calls and vidcons.
- Set up, prepare for and hold regular meetings with sub-leads and the larger team
- An experienced developer that knows everything needed to execute to the goals set by Leads and Directors.
- An active champion for both the creative and technical direction set by the Directors and Principals.
- Great to work with; consistently turns feedback into great results.
- Expected to mentor and coach junior developers. Likely to lead or take more responsibility than the regular or junior developers working around them.
- Often consulted by Directors, Leads and Principals.
- Is expected to deliver to quality and in time. Often included in planning and estimation of work
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer which includes a parental salary benefit program and also provide our employees’ with occupational pension.
WE THOUGHT YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO KNOW
As part of the application process we might ask you to take on a practical work test. The position is permanent and applications will be selected continuously. Apply online with a combined CV and Introduction letter in English.
We welcome people from different backgrounds and look forward to receiving your application!
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Art Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-02-26 13:36:44.943
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.