EU Media Planning Lead
Location: Guildford, GB
Requisition Number: 153097
Position Title: Manager, Media Buying
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
Are you ready for your next challenge in media? … EA is growing its media center of excellence and is looking for a leader like you to take us to the next level.
We are seeking someone with the right mix of creativity and quantitative skills, who thrives in a fast-paced, innovative environment for an opportunity on one of the world’s leading media disciplines. The Brand Media Planning and Activation team is responsible for driving growth by creating and shaping impactful media programs that strike the right mix of next-generation, data-driven digital media along with powerful, above the line, brand focused programs in the EU.
In this role you will lead a team of channel media planning and buying specialists alongside our regional media agency teams to drive media planning and execution for our biggest console and PC games. This role will work collaboratively with many internal and external partners and stakeholders and is responsible for managing the creation, delivery and activation of comprehensive media programs across all titles.
We are looking for someone with previous people management and cross channel planning experience who is dynamic, analytical, driven, and interested in a lead role for a growing media center of excellence.
What a Brand Media Planning and Activation Lead does at EA:
- Lead a MC/E planning pod of 8 planning and activation specialists working in collaboration with EA’s agency of record
- Drive digital media planning across for multiple franchises across the EU
- Develop your team of channel specialists – growing their overall media and marketing knowledge and growth within EA to be the next media and marketing leaders in the business.
- Advise on best practices for media center of excellence program management including: team staffing, operations, media measurement, stakeholder engagement, etc.
- Oversee internal and external planning pod for the delivery of integrated media plans
- Drive the team to deliver accurate forecasting and activations across the EU
- Ensure collaboration across the agency, and in-house pod to create platform efficiencies, POVs and cohesive multi-channel media strategies
- Participate in channel and platform partner relationships to deliver opportunities for future testing and innovation
- Act as a global media leader and represent EA’s perspective in the industry
The next great EA Brand Media Planning and Activation Lead also needs:
- Has a deep understanding of paid search programs in the brand space and data-led media activations utilized in brand-led campaigns
- Has the experience to lead a team to deliver and activate extraordinary brand-led media plans across multiple channels using all the tools at their disposable to reach and excite EA’s strategic targets for multiple award-winning video game franchises.
- Is able to lead and motivate a diverse team and understands multiple approaches to managing and communicating with the team to deliver expectational results.
- Has a solid and proven knowledge of all media (both digital and traditional) with an understanding of how brands grow and the creative ways used to bring brands to life in an omni-channel world.
- Can with work multiple stakeholders both internal and external to deliver award winning media programs and is able to adapt their communication style to explain the rationale behind these programs to various levels across the organization
- Has strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills enabling
- Interest in first-party data targeting, attribution and media and campaign testing
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in Marketing, Business, Mathematics, or Economics
- Additional relevant languages a plus
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Competitive salary plus annual bonus scheme
- Central location in Guildford (5 minutes from main train station)
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Stock plans
- Free onsite gym
- Employee discounts
- Rail season ticket loan
- Annual game points and digital download allowance
- Onsite café
- 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year)
- Two annual staff parties (Summer & Christmas)
- Casual dress code
- Games Area
We thought you might also want to know more about our location:
Take your career to the next level – apply today!
Community / Marketing Title: EU Media Planning Lead
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-10-16 18:01:50.763
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Guildford, GB