Senior Development Director - Artworks Department Head
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 153088
Position Title: Sr DD
Artworks is a highly-engaged, global content creation team within EA Worldwide Studios. We are creatively driven and focused on high end visual production across multiple genres and art styles. Working with our game teams around the world, we share a unified passion for creating amazing experiences and industry leading visuals. We are adventurous and creative. We are courageous, and we take chances. We seek pioneers who cut new paths and conquer challenges with fierce determination. We look for the best in everyone.
EA Studios Content is seeking a Department Head for our largest global content creation team, located in Vancouver to oversee a team of Managers and Artists to work across EA products and some of the largest titles in the gaming industry. The Department Head will be responsible for leading and executing all projects to time, quality and budget while keeping the team engaged and motivated. We are looking for a strong and passionate leader who is driven by solving difficult and fast moving problems. Your greatest strengths are building strong relationships, strategic thinking and strong execution. You like to be challenged and thinking about the future excites you.
What the Artworks Department Head Will Do:
- Responsible for the operational aspects of art creation, including the development framework, reporting, risk management, capacity planning, resource and financial management at Artworks Vancouver.
- In partnership with the Director of Product Development of Artworks, contribute to the business roadmap; execute against milestones and key deliverables.
- Partner with other Artworks Department Heads to ensure one way of working and to support global team structure
- Oversee the management and coordination of resources in the studio ensuring efficient headcount utilization.
- Drive efficiencies and new ways of thinking with a goal of reducing waste and increasing predictability.
- Develop, maintain and publish project KPI’s that track project quality, delivery and predictability.
- Manage partnerships; establish regular communication with team and key stakeholders to provide project status updates. Help the team focus on the critical few: filter issues based on a clear understanding of the studio strategies and objectives, and help the team break down complex problems.
- Act as the main point of contact for Artworks Vancouver and oversee relationships with stakeholders to ensure solid partnerships continue to evolve.
- Foster an engaging, fulfilling and fun working environment.
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring a strong production team; recruiting, onboarding, and retention.
Who You Are:
- 8+ years of proven leadership growing and developing high performance teams as well as operations experience in the development and delivery of content.
- Highly developed relationship building skills, as well as the ability to establish credibility and influence within and outside of EA Studios Content.
- A visible and approachable manager with strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Experience in a live services environment is a plus
- Ability to develop and execute on business strategies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and possesses strong emotional intelligence skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work on complex problems where analysis of situations requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Possess passion, energy, enthusiasm to drive results; highly action oriented.
- Flexible and agile: ability to adapt quickly and be effective in a highly dynamic environment.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Development Director - Artworks Department Head
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-10-15 15:45:48.16
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA