AI Software Engineer (Frostbite)
Location: Bucharest, RO
Requisition Number: 153064
Position Title: Software Engineer III
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art, multi-platform game development engine. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing leading-edge engine features and world-class tools. Our talented team from across the globe is dedicated to building innovative technology and working closely with each other to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of the most stunning games in the industry along with deep player experiences.
We are looking for passionate, motivated and talented Engineers to join our high calibre team in Frostbite UK. You would be working as part of a small team, directly engaged with game teams around the globe to deliver outstanding innovation and performance on PS4, Xbox One, PC, iPhone, iPad, Android and new platforms as they emerge. The role will enable you to grow your experience and skills as well the opportunity to travel to other EA locations and work directly with studios around the globe.
An ideal candidate will have professional knowledge of general gameplay technologies for game development. You will have varied experience with animation, data-driven workflows, debugging tools, behavior trees, pathfinding, client-server networking, asynchronous gameplay systems, online persistence systems, etc. This role will work closely with Senior Engineers to help design, architect & implement major AI systems for Frostbite.
What a Frostbite Software Engineer does at EA
- Collaboratively working to deliver high-quality cross-platform products in C++.
- Play your part to define and grow the engineering culture of teams within Frostbite.
- Working with product and project leaders and your team members to understand customer needs and delivering incredible value in an incremental and high impact way.
- Ensuring our designs are simple and effective with excellent workflows and features.
- Working on documentation and testing in parallel to accelerate ease of use and future maintenance of our technology.
The next great Software Engineer needs
- Excellent commercial experience with C++.
- Experience with AI features such as pathfinding, navigation mesh generation, group tactics, planners, combat positioning, cover systems, behaviour trees
- Passion for Game AI and a strong understanding of AI a bonus
- A keen interest in Machine Learning
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with team members on a common code base.
- Great communication skills to be able to work with different individuals and teams; to be able to communicate progress and results and participate effectively in technical and project discussions.
- Passion for good workflows and well-architected software.
- The ability to adapt quickly and effectively to change (i.e. project, team, business-level)
Desirable skills (one or more is helpful but not required!)
- Experience with C# & WPF a bonus
- Multithreaded programming and debugging experience
- Familiarity with animation, physics and gameplay code in general
- Experience of Agile (Scrum) based software development management and other models
- Capable of responding to Code Review feedback and deliver quality Code Review feedback
- Knowledge of source code management: Perforce is preferred
What else is in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
How the Frostbite engine is shaping the future of gaming
More job openings for the Frostbite team
Community / Marketing Title: AI Software Engineer (Frostbite)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-10-15 14:28:12.04
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bucharest, RO