Full-time: CTO Social - Software Engineer II (MS Degree)
Location: Redwood City, California US
Requisition Number: 152984
Position Title: Software Engineer II
EA Digital Platform (EADP) Social - Software Engineer II
We Are EA
And we make games - How cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry.
Save the planet from Alien Invaders. Score the winning touchdown.
Yup - It's the coolest job on the planet!
The Challenge Ahead:
Is to build an platform to connect hundreds of million players together inside our player network. This large scale, always-on collection of online services will power the social activities of EA’s player network of games that will be experienced by tens of millions of monthly active users. You'll have the opportunity to build sophisticated platform capabilities handling several hundred-thousand requests per second, and driving the player engagement of many of the industry’s most popular titles. You'll be able to build server-side systems that deliver new functionality, as well as work on regular improvements to the systems to keep them at top notch performance.
What a Senior Software Engineer I does within EADP Social Division at EA:
As a software engineer, your primary responsibility will be to lead the software design and architecture process of our Social service offering. Most of your time will be spent working with the team in the design and execution of new features, while continually optimizing performance, robustness, and scalability of the service. You will also spend time working with product managers to innovate new features to support EA's many games and reduce technical debt associated with legacy systems through innovation and automation. Additionally, you will be a champion for best practices within the engineering team, demonstrating what good looks like as a role model and mentor to the team.
- Technical design and implementation of major components in our large scale distributed HTTP/GRPC based backend service, creating new features and updating existing ones
- Working with customers and business leaders to understand customer needs and delivering incrementally on their highest priority features and requirements.
- Work with multiple customers working on multiple different platforms who use the services and features you create to complete user facing features
- Grow and guide other engineers
- Occasional off-hours support for development needs and support of the live environment helping to ensure our consumer experience is always world class
Required Skills / Experience
- A passion for working in gaming and social systems;
- A Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with 2+ years experience or a master degree in computer science;
- Proficient in Java or another server side language;
- Understanding of distributed system, load balancing
- Good understanding to RDBMS and NoSQL systems
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) preferred.
- Solid understanding of software design principles
- Principle experience with all phases of product development lifecycle, including requirements definition, specifications, development, test, product release, and sustaining engineering.
- Exceptional analytical and creative problem solving skills, solution oriented individual.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What's In It For YOU? Glad You Asked!
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, pension with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. Health, Dental, Financial offered (ESPP and RRSP matching); Bonus and relocation assistance also offered.
Community / Marketing Title: Full-time: CTO Social - Software Engineer II (MS Degree)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-10-13 00:20:57.447
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Redwood City
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US