Senior Server Engineer
Location: Redwood City, California US
Requisition Number: 152905
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I
Senior Server Engineer
Location: Redwood Shores, CA
Creativity, collaboration, and communication are what make us tick as we prepare ourselves for massive amounts of growth and an incredible amount of fun. We want to engage our players and create the most entertaining mobile titles in the world. Come and see for yourself, the future is here. https://www.ea.com/studios/maxis
We are looking for an experienced individual who will design, build, deploy, and run highly scalable and stable server architectures for connected functionality in our quirky and expansive life-simulation games. The engineer will work as part of a live service team to create and refine game server frameworks, contribute to design and implementation of launch and post-launch strategies, and keep globally known game services that support millions of users running.
As a Server Software Engineer at EA, you will:
- Help design, develop, and run a fast, massively scalable, highly available game service all the way from conception to delivery to live service operations
- Work with designers, client engineering, and production teams to achieve gameplay goals and objectives that are supported by the service
- Provide solutions that address game service latency, reliability, and scalability issues
- Implement security best practices and original techniques to keep user data secure and prevent cheating
- Be held to high quality standards through technical guidance, leadership, and mentoring
- Create and run automated testing, readiness testing, and deployment plans
- Monitor the performance and costs of the server infrastructure to drive continuous improvement
- 4+ years development of scalable back-end services
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency in C++ Server Development, Node.js and REST services
- Understanding of Java Server Environment and familiarity with frameworks such as Guice/Spring
- Deep experience with Cloud services like Amazon Web Services
- Familiarity with service containerization and management technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc
- Experience with Database Design, caching and usage of large datasets in both relational (MySQL, Postgres) and NoSQL environments
- Familiarity with administering, tuning, and adapting Cassandra server clusters
- Deep understanding of different networking technologies, protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, REST)
- Willingness to be part of a live team, with rapid responses to emerging issues
- Experience managing Cassandra environments
- Proficiency in Linux, commands, and operating against live environment
- Experience working with Windows Server in live environments
- Conscious of server operating costs. Being aware of the cost of running live servers, and a drive to minimize them
- Ability to quickly run scripts and queries against Cassandra environment to get data or fix data when needed.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Server Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-10-02 18:33:38.833
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Redwood City
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US