Data Science Intern
Location: Redwood City, California US
Requisition Number: 152883
Position Title: Intern General
Intern of Data Science position is part of the Data Science team within the Global Analytics and Insights group in Electronic Art’s Global Marketing Organization. A successful candidate will be a PhD candidate in a quantitative field who is looking to use their expertise to aid EA in framing and implementing new systems that will keep EA at the cutting-edge personalization and recommendations. Interns typically own a single project relevant to their area of study, which they are expected to plan and execute, collaborating with their manager and other members of the data science team to ensure the impact of their work.
- Research, design, implement and validate models and cutting-edge algorithms to analyze diverse sources of data.
- Perform advanced statistical/machine learning analyses on customer databases and other sources
- Present results to business leaders, product managers and other analysts.
- Communicate actionable results and findings derived from data throughout the organization in a clear, concise way.
- Collaborate with other areas of the business on long-term projects, often spanning multiple years and numerous franchises.
- Learn, implement and share new methodologies.
- Currently enrolled PhD student
- Effective communicator that can create compelling stories for executives.
- Eager to use data for insights and has a demonstrated passion for applying data science to make business critical decisions and recommendations.
- Hypothesis driven – uses data to test ideas rigorously and objectively.
- High level of mathematical maturity and a passion for data science.
- Flexible and adaptable while maintaining positive attitude.
- Self-starter with passion, energy, enthusiasm to drive results and affect meaningful change.
- Views challenges as opportunities; tenacious and focused.
- Solution oriented, creative problem solver.
- A team player who can work collaboratively within the group and across business units/functions.
Community / Marketing Title: Data Science Intern
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-10-02 02:24:12.363
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Redwood City
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US