Location: Bucharest, RO
Requisition Number: 152620
Position Title: ITO Services Specialist II
ENTERTAINING IS OUR PASSION
EA was founded over 25 years ago by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry—and the company—has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world’s best games. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man & Space Invaders to modern EA Favorites like Burnout, Battlefield, Mercenaries, Dead Space, Spore, FIFA, Madden, Need for Speed and the world’s most successful game franchise, The Sims. Fueled by our talented staff at locations right across the Globe we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
About Release & Preservation Management (RPM)
A division of IT, RPM is responsible for the internal and external distribution of EA content. The 24x7 Services team is RPM’s front line & first response center for service requests, tickets and incidents. A key responsibility includes providing 24/7 support to all EA sites & personnel. It is our mission and core value to provide an excellent customer experience, so much so, that our emphasis is not on volumes of ticket or fast ticket or request resolution, but instead how happy our customers are with our service and our interactions with them. We call this a ‘Customer First Experience’.
The RPM 24x7 Services team is accountable for offering remote support to the WW RPM labs and their clients in order to ensure the stabilization and performance of our core functions as well as the front line for incidents and requests with a ‘Customer First’ approach.
- Resolve service requests and incidents with a focus on customer experience
- Open and track incidents as they appear, troubleshoot, resolve and/or escalate when needed
- Ensure that all data follows RPM tracking and security protocols
- Create and maintain department knowledge base and run books
- Perform audits of current infrastructure, documentation and applications
- Remotely maintain hardware and troubleshoot and resolve issues for global locations
- Run systems and application user acceptance tests in accordance with a test plan
- Troubleshoot issues related to production and non-production systems
- Manage incidents end-to-end including facilitation of root cause analysis
- As directed, interface with customers, partners, vendors and stakeholders worldwide
- Effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Perform other related tasks as necessary
- Experience working with Service Desk systems and in an IT Helpdesk environment
- Understanding and awareness of the ITIL framework
- Experience working a shift-work Environment
- Practical understanding of networking - routing, subnets, UDP, TCP, IP, VLAN, VM, DNS & DHCP.
- Must have ability to communicate complex technical problems concisely and professionally to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to follow documented processes, as well as, update and maintain documentation and knowledge bases.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Enterprise systems, Outlook, SharePoint; Office suite Word, PowerPoint; including an advanced understanding of Excel and parsing data.
- Knowledge and experience with Virtual machine systems
- Knowledge and experience with code repository systems (eg: Github, Gitlab)
- Experience supporting remote components
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects while maintaining a high quality of work
- Team player, but able to work independently
- Resourceful, proactive and innovative - identifies issues and implements solutions, as required
- Flexible and at ease in an environment with constant change
- Advanced English and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Highly organized with attention to detail and strong time management skills
- Extremely strong customer service orientation
- Troubleshooting experience with hardware, software, and network connectivity issues
- Weekend and shift-work required
- Bachelor’s degree in related area of study or equivalent experience
Community / Marketing Title: RPM Specialist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-09-21 05:53:20.5
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bucharest, RO