Location: Redwood City, California US
Requisition Number: 152574
Position Title: Producer II
Lead Producer - Pogo
#WeAreEA and we exist to inspire the world to play. EA values creativity, pioneering, passion, determination, learning, and teamwork. We mean things like acting with curiosity, speaking up with original ideas, and committing to each other as one team.
We’re looking for all the best kinds of people to make great experiences for our players. The best people want a job that inspires them, while giving them room to enjoy their lives. And we want to give them that. We celebrate diversity and inclusion by creating a place where you can come to work and be yourself.
And we want you to join us. We’re hiring a Lead Producer.
A Lead Producer works closely with the production and design team in contributing and managing the day to day production needs. You must have experience with production, managing a team and experience in casual gaming preferred.
If you enjoy evaluating and critiquing existing ideas, as well as being able to come up with and document new creative ones, this is the role for you!
Producers focus on product outcomes, feature quality, and stakeholder alignment.
As a Producer, you drive planning and execution on a cross-functional development team to support the Pogo Platform and games. You will build and lead in partnership with an experienced Development Director. This is a key role that involves a high level of interaction with team members, development partners, and product leadership. You are the product owner, player representative, and vision holder for your team.
So how does the Lead Producer make great experiences for players? They:
- Manage a team of Producers to ensure goal achieved
- Work with other Development teams to understand targets and priority changes
- Work closely across teams to manage dependencies and coordinate deliverables
- Own priorities in a project or several feature areas
- Are the source of truth on project quality from player first perspective
- Drive decision making through collaboration
- Are an expert in understanding the player needs, business goals and drivers
- Nurture a healthy collaborative culture
- Work closely with Community Management to understand the key issues being raised by the community
- Determine which issues we should look to address in upcoming sprints and prioritize appropriately.
- Help to develop a multi-year roadmap who is constantly looking ahead
If this role is for you, then you are:
- creative– an ability to find out-of-the-box and non-traditional ways to problem solve.
- entrepreneurial– a self-directed and motivated person that’s able to personally jump in, roll up their sleeves, and execute.
- pro-active– provides suggestions and takes the lead on initiatives without being asked by internal or external partners.
- efficient– highly resourceful, organized, and evaluates everything to implement ways of doing things better and faster.
- curious – investigates the situations, asks relevant questions, and gives specific and actionable recommendations.
- a team player– a leader that encourages team collaboration, works well with peers, promotes enthusiasm, leverages powers of influence, and builds relationships.
- gets it done– believes that actions speak louder than words and thrives on achievement.
- accomplished– has a track record of professional achievement.
If you’re interested in this role, you’ll need these skills or experiences:
- Background in production with relevant experience managing Production Teams
- 7+ years of production experience on software development projects or equivalent role
- 5+ years in a team leadership role, strong people management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members from different locations and different disciplines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent conceptual/technical writing, and documentation skills
- Proven ability to seek or demonstrate clear decision making
- Expertise using production tools and multimedia software applications
- Sound decision-making based on both data analysis and judgement
- Strong negotiation, change management, and conflict resolution skills
- Ownership mentality: responsible, invested in outcomes
- A self-motivated, detail-oriented team player and quality driven
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work with varying groups effectively
- Ability to objectively interpret customer/community feedback and make actionable recommendations
- Passion and considerable experience playing games
- Background in game design
- Experience in mobile app development or managing live services
- Advanced experience in Excel and telemetry tool such as Tableau is an asset
- Passion and considerable experience in the casual games space
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Producer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-09-13 20:04:35.273
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Redwood City
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US