Software Engineer III
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 152460
Position Title: Associate Technical Director
We – Slingshot Games Studio @Electronic Arts – are looking for a talented and driven person that is passionate about developing software systems for games with millions of users. We are looking for an experienced server software engineer for developing services to support the live operations and online gameplay for our titles.
You will be working in small teams that work closely together to create solutions for game requirements using modern technologies and frameworks deployed to cloud based infrastructure. You will also be working with many existing systems; some developed at Slingshot, some developed externally.
What a Software Engineer III does at Slingshot Games Studio
- Architect & Develop distributed, resilient and high-performing back-end services, built on top of GAE/AWS cloud platforms
- Work with a team of Server Engineers to manage & develop server side stacks supporting games which engage millions of connected online players
- Collaborate closely with the cross functional game development teams to execute on the roadmap/vision of our games
- Adapt central EA technologies to meet game designs requirements from the game development teams, such as matchmaking
- Be responsible for performance testing at the server level and load testing at the service level
- Ability to estimate work and provide accurate updates on progress
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Passion for delivery of quality software to Criterion’s high standards
- Experience of architecting and developing large distributed, scalable, robust, high-performing systems
- 6+ years of professional programming experience and good understanding of software design principles
- Strong knowledge of PHP, Java
- Excellent experience with cloud deployment & management on AWS cloud services
- Docker, Opsworks, DynamoDB, Chef, CloudFormation, EC2, Lambda, S3, Auto Scaling, etc.
- Highly fluent with Git, or similar distributed source management system with a good grasp of branch/release management, rollback strategies and other best practices
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery
- Good communication and documentation experience
- Proficient in written and spoken English
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer III
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-09-12 09:01:02.06
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN