Director, Global Audit
Location: Guildford, GB
Requisition Number: 152385
Position Title: Director Global Audit
We’re EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space and Battlefield, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
Global Audit Departmental Overview
Global Audit is an independent and objective assurance and business advisory organization designed to provide assurance to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, add value to senior management and improve EA’s operations. It helps EA to accomplish its business objectives by bringing a top down, risk-based approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, internal control, and governance processes. The Global Audit organization reports directly into the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
Main Purpose of the Role
As an Audit Director, you will undertake organizationally strategic and complex audits in a challenging environment and provide significant input to the design and delivery of ongoing quality initiatives. You will represent the Global Audit department in accomplishing its mission of providing value-add to EA, creating partnerships with all levels of management and establishing a high level of integrity within the Corporate Governance framework.
This position is a key financial leader for EA's Operational Audits, compliance with company policies & best practices, and in support of EA's commitment to quality internal controls over financial reporting (financial controls and IT general controls). This leader will report to the Vice-President of Global Audit and will work closely with other department leadership members and business process owners in the assessment and evaluation of the effectiveness of EA's internal control environment.
This position will lead the implementation of effective technological advancements in Data Analytics, Automation and Common Controls Framework, assisting in the development of the vision and strategy for the continual evolution in support of ensuring high-quality internal controls. This leader will be responsible for continually improving existing processes and procedures to support EA's global operations in the areas of governance, project management, knowledge management and transfer, and change management, with respect to operational effectiveness and compliance. The Director will participate in the communications of key control issues and assist in preparation of updates and messaging to Executive Management, SOX Steering Committee, Audit Committee, and Finance leadership on a regular basis. The Director role will initiate and maintain global contact with executives, global stakeholders, key local and regional process owners/leaders (including members of Finance, Legal, HR, Global Risk Compliance, business units, and IT), external auditors, and other internal and external parties, as necessary.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Audit program-wide leadership and coordination for Enterprise risk assessment and evaluation deliverables on behalf of management over the effectiveness of internal control achievement of company’s strategic goals and financial reporting (includes financial controls and IT general controls).
- Active participation in overall Audit program management (risk assessments, scoping, etc.) using qualitative and quantitative data and methods.
- Collaborates with local and regional business leadership team members and process owners to ensure best practices adoption in their regions and organizations. Provide meaningful and value-added recommendations and improvement opportunities that provides clarity and drives positive change as well as action from management
- Subject matter expert in assigned area of responsibility providing a deep understanding of EA's financial information, business processes, systems and internal controls and how they interrelate.
- Leader in the development, execution and continual evolution of effectiveness of the internal audit program strategy and innovation of the audit processes & procedures manual (e.g. data analytics, AI, machine learning)
- Leads, develops and maintain a team of audit professionals in the execution, priorities, and performance of assigned key areas of responsibilities and audit activities deliverables. Ensures the competency and active development of assigned staff (including International audit standards and procedures, and the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF). New literature applicable to internal controls (e.g. PCAOB requirements, SEC, etc.))
- Leader of the audit program execution and ensuring ability to conclude on the effectiveness of EA's operational processes/controls & internal controls over financial reporting (financial controls and IT general controls) annually.
- Lead technical representative between Global Audit, International management and external auditors.
- Lead European representative and liaison with other Global Audit management team members in developing/coordinating required resources for the annual integrated Enterprise risk assessment and ensuring proper risk management actions are taken on a timely manner.
- Active participation in advanced methodologies and practices for increased efficiencies of Global Audit’s core assessment, investigations and advisory activities.
- Represent Global Audit leadership in various committee and initiatives as required.
- Participates in advancing a highly effective communication strategy to ensure clear understanding of audit principles and guidance and maximum alignment with global audit vision.
- Effectively support the Vice President of Global Audit in the reporting process to Senior / Executive Management. As and when required, contribute in Investigations, IT audits, SOX, or other special request audit activity,
Skills and Knowledge Required
- CPA or Chartered Financial Accountant highly desirable;
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Information Systems Audit (CISA) designation is desirable;
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS, and PCAOB Audit standards/requirements, COSO internal control framework, and other regulatory requirements
- Working knowledge and understanding of IT general controls, application controls and how they relate to business processes;
- Strong business acumen and understanding of functional linkages. Ability to interact and/or manage cross-functional teams (Operations/Finance) to assist in the creation of integrated system requirements and provide all departments with control expertise;
- Strong commitment to quality and consistency of work, and continuously seek opportunities for improvements
- Strong ability to navigate through challenges, multiple tasks, take ownership, deliver on commitment
- Effectively and independently lead team for success
- Convey information, thoughts, and opinion in a persuasive manner
- Ability to determine sufficiency of work and determine reasonableness of conclusion reached
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills in English, excellent soft-skills, and ability to motivate and influence all levels of management;
- Knowledge of a language other than English is a plus;
- Excellent MS Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), with Oracle skills a plus;
- Background in a digital business or similar industry is a plus.
- Big 4 audit experience preferred;
- 10+ year’s professional experience in financial management, including substantial experience in Operational Audits, Fraud & Forensics analysis, SOX compliance activities, Data Analytics tools, design of global internals, control and management of internal and external audit issues.
- Experience interacting with senior management;
- IT and/or IT security knowledge is highly desirable;
- Ability to work independently and capable of identifying and resolving issues.
Behaviors / Competencies
- Ability to adapt quickly and be effective in new situations, and to drive results;
- Exceptional analytical and creative problem-solving skills; solution-oriented individual, powerful communicator;
- Is a team player, with the ability to build relationships and influence changes across the organization;
- Views challenges as opportunities, demonstrates a positive constructive attitude
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Global Audit
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-09-11 17:15:43.44
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Guildford, GB