Location: Vancouver, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 152358
Position Title: Sr Audio Artist I
About the company
EA’s Audioworks is an award-winning team creating audio content for titles within EA STUDIOS. Audioworks unites our creative talents and technical expertise to drive industry leading audio through partnership, professionalism, expertise, innovation and uncompromising quality. There are many exciting projects underway and we produce progressive audio content for in-game products from multiple studio locations.
Audioworks is seeking an industry visionary for the Music Director role who will be responsible for working with core game team partners and Audio Directors on multiple projects to craft an innovative vision and supervise the implementation of music. As a craft leader on the Audioworks team, the candidate will help deliver high-quality and engaging audio experiences, be a major contributor to our audio community, and collaborate with composers and EA’s Music office in Los Angeles.
- AAA film quality score accountability.
- Collaborate on the creation of music vision and target video(s) during pre-production.
- Drive innovation in interactive music playback.
- Ensure quality control and consistency across titles.
- Liaise with composers on vision, style, quality and technical details.
- Collaborate on licensed music selection.
- Participate in building a stronger audio community across multiple studios within EA.
- Experience in all phases of music design and production.
- Proficiency in every step of the music pipeline; studio and location recording, precision editing and design, and technical implementation.
- Minimum of seven years game audio and/or post-production and/or music industry experience.
- Solid understanding of music composition.
- Deep connections in the music industry and a nose for talent.
- Comfortable with modern audio creation equipment, software and recording techniques, as well as proficiency in at least one DAW.
- Solid knowledge of PC and Mac hardware and software.
- Exceptional communication and problem-solving skills.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Works well as part of a team.
- Have a passion for video games and the music of games.
Community / Marketing Title: Music Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-08-29 22:59:52.173
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA