Sr Game Designer
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 152262
Position Title: Sr Game Designer
Job Title: Senior Game Designer
Location: Hyderabad, INDIA
We’re EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
As EA's first label dedicated to purely digital games, EA Mobile creates games for mobile devices, social networks and online environments that deliver seamless play anytime, anywhere, on any device. Connecting a market of more than one billion core and mass-casual gamers worldwide, EA Mobile delivers engaging, accessible, high quality games to people of all skill levels and interests.
The EA Mobile portfolio encompasses some of the most recognizable entertainment brands in the world, including titles such as The Simpsons, Tetris Blitz, SCRABBLE, MONOPOLY, Plants vs Zombies 2, Real Racing 3, Dungeon Keeper as well as online games destination Pogo.com.
The Hyderabad office represents one of EA Mobile’s largest development organizations with more than 700 passionate mobile game experts involved in game development, testing, production and distribution. The game development studio is a team within this organization that is committed to building and running live services for some of EA’s top games.
This design position will be responsible for working closely with producers, product managers, developers and artists on a live online game on mobile platforms. The designer’s role is to maintain and balance the core and meta-game while creating, prototyping and implementing innovative mechanics and features which appeal to the existing community and allows for new player acquisition.
• Deliver the game vision as set by the Product Owner.
• Manage and maintain all design aspects of a game-as-service through entire project life cycle.
• Create innovative and engaging designs and prototypes while maintaining EA’s high standard of quality.
• Coordinate with Product Manager to balance game resources and economy within the core, social meta-game and monetization model.
• Retain original IP’s core brand values and game experience within the service at all times.
• Communicate game design clearly and concisely with team and throughout worldwide studio.
• Inspire game team through progressive, creative design and leadership.
• Provide and receive critique in a constructive manner with suggestions and solutions for improvement.
• Iterate designs based on internal/external play tests, game metrics, team input, and community feedback.
• Remain current on industry trends including: new game genres, new game design methods and emerging platforms
• At least 7 years industry experience specifically in mobile game design
• Game design credits on at least 4 published brands or titles on mobile platform
• Proven ability to conceptualize, create and implement game concepts using various tools and technology
• Interest in new monetization and business models as they relate to game design
• Excellent creative, analytical and organizational skills with proven ability to write, communicate and maintain detailed design documentation throughout project life cycle
• Demonstrative proof of an open-mined, progressive thinker who is flexible, energetic and driven with the ability to overcome obstacles and challenges with working solutions
• Comfortable public speaker
Community / Marketing Title: Sr Game Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-08-27 04:23:05.213
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN