Summer Intern: Corporate Accounting (BA/BS)
Location: Redwood City, California US
Requisition Number: 152219
Position Title: Intern General
The Corporate Accounting (CA) team is responsible for overseeing the completeness and accuracy of the Electronic Arts (EA) financial statements and the coordination, consolidation, reporting and analysis of the close to report process. CA also works closely with the Financial Planning and Analysis, Tax, Investor Relations and Treasury teams to produce both the current financial reporting and the long-range planning and strategy.
The CA internship program is a 12-week experience that provides exposure across various close related, reporting and analytical activities. In addition, the CA internship program is part of EA’s broader summer intern program, which includes orientation and various social and professional events. Finally, the CA intern will also have the opportunity to create and deliver a presentation to the CA team based on a given project during the program.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Primary CA Functions
- Support EA’s on-going close activities. Partner with CA team members and business partners to assist in the preparation of journal entries, performance of account reconciliations and analysis of the profit and loss (P&L) statement, balance sheet (BS) and other financial reports.
- Support the Financial Systems team in 1) performing data integrity activities between statutory and management reporting and 2) administration tasks for the consolidation (Hyperion Financial Management) and reconciliation (Cadency) tools.
- Assist in ad hoc reporting and analysis to drive informed business decisions.
- Total Company Reporting & Analysis
- Assist the North America & worldwide general ledger close process by 1) Creating, managing and loading journal entries, 2) performing BS account reconciliations and analysis and 3) reviewing of financial statements from both a statutory and management perspective.
- Produce standard and ad-hoc reporting to analyze trends vs. prior quarter, prior year and against management estimates for the PL and the BS.
- Assist in the coordination of U.S. financial statement audits and reviews, including the preparation of quarterly audit schedules and quarterly earnings release schedules.
- Support EA’s creation and analysis of the following primary financial statements: BS, P&L, and Statement of Cash Flows (SCF).
- Passion for driving strategic initiatives
- Assist with workpaper documentation and auto-reconciliation initiatives.
- Strategy & BOD / Earnings Support
- Provide schedules and analysis to our Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) team in support of our quarterly (10Q)
- Support EA’s quarterly and annual earnings and Board of Directors (BOD) process, which includes communicating financial results, expectations and strategy to the external community and the Board of Directors.
Technical Skills and Requirements
- Working toward a bachelor’s degree at a top institution - concentration in finance or accounting
- Excellent Excel modeling (e.g. pivot tables, macros) and PowerPoint skills
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and deal with ambiguity
- Ability to operate independently, anticipate requirements and monitor workload
- Strong work ethic, motivation, and drive
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion for gaming and knowledge of the gaming industry is a plus
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: Summer Intern: Corporate Accounting (BA/BS)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-09-01 00:09:00.28
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Redwood City
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US