Location: Orlando, Florida US
Requisition Number: 152194
Position Title: User Interface Artist 2
The Interface Artist will be responsible for developing common interface ergonomics, which includes the creation of broadcast style overlays for in-game presentation and functionality for the NBA franchise. Will further conceptualize, design, and create individual assets for the interface. Most importantly, will be responsible for ensuring the player experience is as intuitive as possible in guiding them through a complex network of selection and customization screens.
- Works in close collaboration with Engineers, Producers, Product Managers and Creative Leadership to design game screens and elements that are simplistic for the user - focusing on usability, interaction, and visual design.
- Develops and communicates a clear vision for the game's UI art that compliments the game’s broader style
- Iterates designs according to work reviews, changing requirements, and user playtests
- Creates, edits, and optimizes high quality UI assets and animations
- Collaborates with the Art Director and Lead UI artist to establish style, quality, and workflow requirements for the NBA Franchise.
What does EA look for?
- Degree in Art, Animation, Design, or related field preferred
- High level of proficiency with Adobe Flash and Photoshop
- Excellent conceptual, illustration and graphic design skills
- Understand flow, composition, and design as they relate to the user experience
- Proven track-record designing/implementing/leading UI efforts for mobile/social titles.
- Strong understanding and experience applying UX interaction concepts
- A passion for playing and making great games!
- All applicants are expected to include a link to his/her portfolio on resume
Community / Marketing Title: UI Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-08-22 00:29:24.673
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Orlando, Florida US