Software Engineer II
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 152103
Position Title: Software Engineer II
SE - BE
Software Engineer II (Temporary)
In the world of Quality Engineering, we have one vision: enable predictable development by driving Quality ‘by Design’. What does this mean? Stronger and cleaner code, robust and reliable tools, and progressive and innovative processes that push our development teams to new heights.
The Software Engineer within the Shared Components Quality & Tech (SCQ-T) group will report to the Technical Director, be responsible for and ensure to deliver leading services to our development partners, design and UI development of robust tools & quality guidance
In a nutshell:
In this role, you will plan, build and release world-class tools, collaborate with a global team driving innovation around quality testing and automation and be a solid “bridge-builder”, strengthening relationships with developers and stakeholders around the world relying on your tools and skills that help make our products great.
Main Purpose of the Role:
Software Engineer within the Shared Components Quality & Tech (SCQ-T) group will report to the Technical Director and will be responsible for the design and FE development of internal tools
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage and work amongst a small group of SEs working on the development of enterprise applications.
- Verify technical requirements from stakeholders or business analysts Author designs
- Ensuring completion of all requirements Follow quality standards through code reviews and design approvals
- Participate in the implementation plan that includes schedule, priorities, dependencies and deliverables
- Deliver high quality code and debug across multiple components while dealing with related external dependencies
- Perform proper testing prior to application delivery Document tools and practices and participate actively in knowledge sharing processes.
- Share best practices and learn from other team members and peers Promote positive morale and a sense of team identity
Experience and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Software engineering or equivalent Minimum of 4 years of industry experience and/or education.
- Good knowledge of distributed application architecture and RESTful API, hands on knowledge in SQL, T-SQL.
- Experience in CI/CD process using GitLab.
- Enjoys partnering with Junior developers for code and design reviews and championing daily development best practices Has the desire to own features and products through implementation and documentation.
Nice to Have:
- Working knowledge of C# with .Net framework 4.5/4.7, love exploring new solutions and sharing those solutions with our teams
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including technical writing skills. Excellent organizational and people management skills. Pro-active, motivated, and energetic. Excellent time management skills with strong ability to prioritize and multi-task across competing demands. Flexible and dynamic – quickly adapt to changing needs of the business. Commercial awareness - the ability to view situations from a commercial or business perspective. Ability to work under extremely demanding and dynamic situations.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer II
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-08-17 03:24:16.393
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN