Temporary Technical Animator (Star Wars)
Location: Chatsworth, California US
Requisition Number: 152080
Position Title: Contingent
Respawn Entertainment is a AAA game development studio that was founded in 2010 by former co-founders of Infinity Ward and creators of the multi-billion dollar Call of Duty and Modern Warfare franchises. In 2017, Respawn was acquired by Electronic Arts, a leading global interactive entertainment publisher. We have shipped Titanfall and Titanfall 2 to critical acclaim, and are currently hiring for our Star Wars ™, Titanfall, and Unannounced VR game development teams. Our motto is gameplay first, and the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry awaits our future team members.
Our motto is fun game-play first, and we’re looking for a highly skilled Temporary Technical Animator who will embrace our philosophy and share his/her hard-earned expertise to provide support to the Star Wars ™ animation and art teams. The Temporary Technical Animator will be responsible for helping to maintain an efficient pipeline, building tools in Maya, and working closely with the Animation and Art Departments. If this sounds like you, we're looking forward to seeing your resume!
What you’ll do...
- Rigging and skinning of characters and props.
- Develop and maintain pipelines, tools, and processes.
- Research and development. Troubleshoot technical issues in Maya and game engine, keeping details records/documentation of tool creation.
- MEL/Python scripting in Maya.
- Seek to constantly raise the quality bar, develop solutions, and work with the Animation and Art Departments to streamline processes.
Ideally, you'll have...
- 2+ years’ game industry experience working on the technical side of Animation and Art in games.
- Experience in Maya scripting (MEL/Python.)
- Extensive rigging experience using Maya.
- A keen eye for proper skin deformation.
- Experience working with both keyframe animation and motion capture data.
- A proactive, positive attitude.
- Experience on one or more shipped title(s).
Community / Marketing Title: Temporary Technical Animator (Star Wars)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-08-18 00:11:58.86
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Los Angeles - Chatsworth
Location_formattedLocationLong: Chatsworth, California US