EA Digital Platform (EADP) Cloud Gaming – Senior Software Engineer I
Location: Seattle, Washington US
Requisition Number: 152054
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I
We Are EA
And we make games - How cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry.
Save the planet from Alien Invaders. Score the winning touchdown.
Yup - It's the coolest job on the planet!
The Challenge Ahead:
We are building EA’s Cloud Gaming system to run at scale. It is not only about delivery of games from the Cloud but also about bringing a comprehensive gaming to our users. Play the games, on any device, connected with your friends, with a unified experience. You’ll be part of a team that bridge cross-EA services, build the infrastructure tools, and bring a unified user experience.
What a Senior Software Engineer I does within EADP Cloud Gaming Division at EA:
As a Senior Software Engineer I, your primary responsibility will be to lead the design and architecture as well as implement some of the feature. You will address cross-components and cross-team design challenges involving performance, reliability, and scale. You will have interaction with remote teams on design decisions as well as making sure the right architecture is in place. The features you will develop will involve restructuring existing components and brining new software engineering technologies. The components in your area will include both front-end and backend services.
- Design and architect system component with cross-teams dependency
- Redesign aspect of the system that handled by distributed teams
- Develop UX oriented software stack addressing with efficiency, responsiveness, and user friendliness
- Build and design services that address scale and efficient service deployment
- Mentor software developers
- Work closely with other functions to ensure product requirements are met in the right reliability and scale
- Migrate legacy components to new technologies
- Work with remote teams in different timezones
Required Skills / experience
- B.Sc./M.Sc. in Computer Science / Software Engineering
- Over 10 years' experience as a software developer with the following expertise
- Multithreaded systems
- Performance and tuning
- Unity 3D
- Design of UI based systems
- Networking protocols
- Scalable and distributed system
- Other skills
- Ability to mentor junior developers
- Ability to fluently communicate with local and remote peers on design and architecture aspects
- Excellent architectural and system view
- Ability to redesign complex systems and components involving both front-end and back-end
- Strong debugging skills
- Ability to work with teams in different timezones
What's In It For YOU? Glad You Asked!
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, pension with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. Health, Dental, Financial offered (ESPP and RRSP matching); Bonus and relocation assistance also offered.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/seattle
Community / Marketing Title: EA Digital Platform (EADP) Cloud Gaming – Senior Software Engineer I
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-08-15 17:09:58.15
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Seattle, Washington US