EA Digital Platform (EADP) Cloud Gaming – Senior Software Engineer I
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 152054
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I
We Are EA
And we make games - How cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry.
Save the planet from Alien Invaders. Score the winning touchdown.
Yup - It's the coolest job on the planet!
The Challenge Ahead:
We are building EA’s Cloud Gaming system to run cross-platform, at scale. It is not only about delivery of games from the Cloud but also about bringing a comprehensive gaming experience to our users. Play the games, on any device, connected with your friends, with a unified feel. You’ll be part of a team that bridge EA services, 3rd party platforms, build the infrastructure tools, and bring an unparalleled user experience.
What a Senior Software Engineer I does within EADP Cloud Gaming Division at EA:
As a Senior Software Engineer I, your primary responsibility will be to lead the design and architecture as well as implement part of the system. You will address cross-components and cross-team design challenges involving performance, reliability, and scale. The features you will develop will involve restructuring existing components and bringing new software engineering technologies. The components in your area will include both front-end and backend services. You will be making collaborative design and architecture decisions with a distributed team.
One of the core responsibilities for the role will be to implement the integration layer for Cloud Gaming providers to support both backward compatibility with existing EA games that have integrated to the existing EA (EAX) SDK and forward compatibility with the new EADP SDK. The goal will be to provide an implementation model that works for any distribution hosting platform inclusive of cloud and local download/play experiences. This will be done in collaboration with EADP SDK team and associated partners.
- Build and design services that address scale and efficient service deployment
- Build platform technology that will unify several first-party technologies for the player
- Design and architect system components with cross-team dependency
- Develop UX integration frameworks designed for efficiency, security, and responsiveness
- Support backward compatibility of legacy components to new technologies
- Mentor software developers on technical growth
- Work closely with Product and QA disciplines to ensure requirements are met in the right reliability and scale
- Work with global teams
Required Skills /Experience
- Sc./M.Sc. in Computer Science / Software Engineering
- Over 10 years' experience as a software developer with the following expertise
- C++, C#, React, Unity 3D (helpful, not required)
- Multithreaded systems
- Performance tuning
- Design of UI based systems
- Networking protocols
- Scalable and distributed system architecture
- Messaging and inter-client communication design
- Experience with Commerce Systems
- Understanding of the latest middleware technology for various entertainment platforms
- Ability to mentor junior developers
- Ability to fluently communicate with local and remote peers on design and architecture aspects
- Excellent architectural and system view
- Ability to redesign complex systems and components involving both front-end and back-end
- Strong debugging skills
- Ability to work with teams in different time-zones
- Ability to travel as needed
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/seattle
Community / Marketing Title: EA Digital Platform (EADP) Cloud Gaming – Senior Software Engineer I
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-08-15 17:09:58.15
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.