UI Technical Artist
Location: Guildford, GB
Requisition Number: 151888
Position Title: Technical Artist 2
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
Ghost is looking for a UI Technical Artist with a mix of technical and artistic. You will work with our in-house engine, using visual scripting and custom UI layout tools to bring the art, motion graphics and UX of the game to life at AAA standards of quality.
Your goal at EA will be to make the player’s experience as intuitive and appealing as possible. As a User Interface Technical Artist, you will work closely with artists and designers to build and implements all aspects of a games’ graphic interface. Basic experience using either Photoshop, Illustrator or After Effects is required and creating UI or 2D games in engines such as Unity, Flash or Unreal is a plus.
What a UI Technical Artist does at EA
- Work closely with the Producer and UI Art Lead to create mock-ups and build prototypes of UI features
- Work closely with the UI engineers to implement and iterate on UI features
- Develop solutions to design challenges while following creative and art direction
- Provides technical support to the team with UI and layout skills
- Delivers optimized UI assets and layouts to the developers
Required Technical Skills and Experience
- Scripting knowledge, either from conventional scripting languages (python, lua, ruby), visual scripting languages or general programming languages
- Ability to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations
- Excellent communication skills, with a willingness and confidence to provide a bridge between artists, designers and software engineers
- General understanding for common UX principles and usability in interfaces
- Aptitude for troubleshooting CG issues
Bonus Skills and Expertise
- Knowledge of C# or C++
- Game development experience
- Strong artist/illustrator skills with a good sense of design and an intermediate knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working with a 3D package, e.g. Maya
Community / Marketing Title: UI Technical Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-08-15 09:41:39.06
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Guildford, GB