Financial Analyst - Corporate FP&A
Location: Redwood City, California US
Requisition Number: 151741
Position Title: Financial Analyst
We’re EA—one of the world’s largest video game publishers. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Mass Effect, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games and services for every platform—from mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
EA was founded by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry—and the company—has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world’s best games. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man & Space Invaders and fueled by our talented staff at locations right around the world. We are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our Corporate Functions Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team. This team plays a critical role in providing budgeting, forecasting, analytical and financial support for EA’s corporate cost centers – including Workplace & Employee Services (WES), Finance, Legal and Human Resources. You’ll jump right in and partner with budget owners to provide timely, accurate and insightful reporting with the key objective to maximize cost efficiency and provide decision making support to the business.
This is a key time for WES, also known outside EA as Facilities and Employee Services. WES is in the process of expanding and improving the employee space in various locations around the world with the objective to support EA’s future growth and to provide employees with an invigorating space to create and develop the games of the future.
The Financial Analyst (FA) role is based in Redwood City, California, and will be providing support to WES and Legal.
- Responsible for purchase order approvals, budgeted spend tracking, monthly close activities, identification of R&Os and headcount management. Set control processes in place to manage spending and headcount within plan.
- Ensure compliance with EA’s policies and procedures.
- Forecast activities – Variance analysis and reporting for supported groups.
- Business Partnering – Support WES to help deliver management results while staying on budget. This person will drive and assist the teams to provide timely and accurate reporting and analysis to assist with decision making and value creation.
- Financial Modeling – analyze financial data to identify trends, savings opportunities, ROI and ad hoc projects.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-3 years of experience in a divisional or corporate finance role (FP&A or accounting)
- Experience with budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analysis
Skills & Capabilities
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy on work output.
- Analytical and critical thinking plus creative problem-solving skills
- Strong initiative and desire to drive change and enhance processes. Ability to proactively identify business risks and opportunities.
- Strong business insight with understanding of functional linkages and ability to build strong professional relationships with business partners in both operational and financial roles
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple and sometimes competing tasks
- Highly motivated, passionate, and a self-starter
- Effective when working independently and as a team player who can work collaboratively within a group and across divisions/functions
- Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills (cross-functional team environments)
- Proficient with MS Office products including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Experience and proficiency with financial programs like Hyperion Essbase and Oracle
Community / Marketing Title: Financial Analyst - Corporate FP&A
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-07-25 16:16:54.54
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Redwood City
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US