Software Engineer II
Location: Melbourne, Victoria AU
Requisition Number: 151689
Position Title: Software Engineer II
About the Role
Electronic Arts' Firemonkeys Studio in Melbourne, Australia is highly regarded throughout the industry as a leader in delivering high quality, engaging games on iOS and Android. We release new meaningful updates on a regular basis for our live mobile games such as Real Racing 3, Sims FreePlay, Need for Speed Most Wanted, and more.
We're looking for highly talented and dedicated server software engineers/programmers who thrive in fast paced, ever changing development environments. As a server software engineer you'll be an integral member of the team which builds and maintains the Firemonkeys backend game services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop scalable server systems to support game team designs
- Review and provide constructive feedback for code reviews
- Provide mentorship/guidance to game team engineers utilising the server framework
- Programming server applications using Go
- Working under direction from the Technical Director on your project
- Working within a small, motivated team and communicating effectively within that team as well as outwardly with game teams when required
- Supporting production infrastructure through a rostered on-call rotation
For us, making games is about pursuing what we love and having fun doing it. As we continue to grow and shape the future of the mobile gaming industry, our studio and team has grown exponentially.
We are looking for people who want to be pushed, who want to bring the next generation of exciting, engaging games to our players.
We are looking for emotionally intelligent people with a can-do attitude.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of professional programming experience
- Able to collaboratively design and independently implement non-trivial server systems
- Ability to work within a schedule
- Ability to work with and extend existing code
- Experience developing on a Unix OS
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experence developing systems for or maintaining a high-traffic project >1M DAU
- PHP, MySQL, NoSQL, Redis experience
- Strong technical knowledge of server software development
- Experience using AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
- Agile Work Processes
- Intermediate Go programming skills
How to Apply
Please submit your application by clicking the ‘Apply’ button.
For enquiries, please email CareersAustralia@ea.com
We are EA! And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry!
To learn more about our Firemonkeys studio in Melbourne, visit https://www.ea.com/studios/firemonkeys
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer II
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-07-24 20:39:35.4
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Melbourne, Victoria AU