Technical Program Manager - EADP Social
Location: Redwood City, California US
Requisition Number: 151652
Position Title: Program Manager III
We Are EA
And we make games - How cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry.
Save the planet from Alien Invaders. Score the winning touchdown.
Yup - It's the coolest job on the planet!
The Challenge Ahead:
Is to enable social capabilities within our games. We believe that fundamentally people want to experience and play games with others, and that games are more fun when experienced as part of a team. We want to make it easy for players to find other players they already know as well as create new relationships with people they’ve only just begun to interact with inside a game. We aim to build better recommenders for a variety of different games to recommend people to teams, friends to people, and opponents. We want to incentivize users to engage socially and create a sense of community.
What a Program Manager does within EA's Digital Platform org:
As a Program Manager, your primary responsibility will be to lead complex, cross-functional, multi-disciplinary projects across geographies. Most of your time will be spent on delivering complex and scalable software solutions with huge strategic impact to EADP’s Social Platform. In this role, you will provide program/project leadership, anticipate bottlenecks, mitigate project risks, make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. You will provide technical leadership pertaining to how game economy services will be built and operated within EADP and ultimately, by Game Studios. You will translate technical operational requirements across security, performance, and costs – as well as process requirements to optimize the dev to production experience into technical specifications and influence design and architectural decisions.
You will work with various teams across EA Digital Platform & Game Studios to identify and drive innovative solutions that enable teams to achieve business goals and product deliverables in an easy, efficient and reliable operating model. A successful candidate will have a strong software development background, excellent problem solving, project management and communication skills.
Act as the technical interface between product manager and the software development teams. Understand the product and knows the right questions and whom to ask.
- Act as the technical interface between product manager and the software development teams. Understand the product and knows the right questions and whom to ask.
- Run in front of the software development team, helping define user stories, and research appropriate technical solutions
- Function as Iteration Manager (Agile) and direct daily activities for project team
- Oversee the day-to-day progress of project(s) and release initiatives with regard to time, budget, scope, and quality
- Build and maintain a complete project schedule, make it constantly visible to management and key stakeholders, and drive it through to completion
- Engage with other teams in the company, evangelizing the team and your project, building relationships and helping identify existing components and technologies that can be leveraged to deliver on our goals
The Next Great EADP PM also needs to have:
- Proven Program Management experience in a distributed team environment
- Sound understanding of the software development life cycle and Agile methodologies
- Strong analytics and problem-solving skills; Extremely data-driven and ability to lead prioritization process
- Experience working with ALM solutions (JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
- Excellent written and time management skills
- Ability to remove blockers and ‘get things done’
- A solid foundation in computer science, prior experience as a software developer preferred
- BS, MS in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent)
- Cloud provider automation and operations experience preferred
- Experience with delivering live services a strong plus
- Experience with game development a strong plus
- Experience with in-game economy systems and design an even stronger plus
What's In It For YOU? Glad You Asked!
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefits packages, tuition reimbursement, pension with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. Health, Dental, Financial offered (ESPP and RRSP matching); Bonus and relocation assistance also offered.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
More about our location: https://careers.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/redwood-shores
More about our Culture: http://careers.ea.com/why-work-here
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Program Manager - EADP Social
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-08-02 22:37:09.563
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Redwood City
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US