Software Engineer II
Location: Redwood City, California US
Requisition Number: 151497
Position Title: Software Engineer II
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
The commerce team is tasked to develop one of the largest eCommerce platforms to power hundreds of games played by hundreds of millions of gamers. The commerce platform is responsible for providing foundation services to game studios including identity management, account, subscription, billing, payment, virtual currency, provisioning, entitlement, risk and fraud at 24x7 with 99.99% reliability.
What a Senior Software Engineer, Commerce Team does at EA
The successful candidate of this position will serve as a Senior Software Engineer on the Commerce Platform team who is responsible for the design and implementation of our subscription management system.
- Work with program managers to understand business requirements and translate those into technical designs which are reviewed and signed off by the stack holder.
- Lead technical design and implementation of features.
- Design underlying database schema, interface, and plan for capacity.
- Implement high quality code with comprehensive unit testing.
- Be a subject matter expert in your area.
- Fix bugs raised from stabilization, integration and production.
- Work on migrating legacy systems to the new platform.
- Troubleshoot issues raised from production and resolve customer problems.
- Evaluate and adopt technologies which improve the team efficiency and platform capabilities.
- Code review peer developer’s code and provide constructive feedback to ensure consistency and quality of code.
- Mentor junior engineers, new hires, and interns.
The next great EA Commerce Team Senior Software Engineer also needs
- Experience with commercial or online service software development.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related technical major is required.
- Solid computer science knowledge including Algorithms, Data Structures, Operation Systems, etc.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills.
- Ability to quickly learn complex systems and new technologies.
- Passion about customer, partner, and quality.
- Proven track record of releasing commerce software products.
- Proven track record of design/architecture of large components.
- Experience in mentoring junior engineers and hire hires into high performing stars.
- Experience in live site troubleshooting.
- Advanced level experience with C#/Java/C++ development.
- Experience in building and running large scale distributed online services is big plus.
- Experience in building billing payment systems is preferred.
- Experience with large distributed database design is preferred.
…and, in general, the potential to sweep us off our feet!
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer II
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-07-13 17:14:39.473
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Redwood City
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US