Senior Software Engineer
Location: Redwood City, California US
Requisition Number: 151414
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I
At Electronic Arts we put our players first, and we are looking for the most talented and creative game developers to help create amazing experiences for our players. Mobile is the future of our industry and our mobile team is growing fast, with studios around the world and a portfolio of blockbuster titles, EA is uniquely positioned to be the world’s #1 mobile gaming company.
Redwood Studios, creators of Command & Conquer: Rivals, is helping define mobile at EA by focusing on innovative player experiences through creativity, collaboration, and rapid iteration. We have combined the agility and fun culture of a small studio with the resources and stability of an established company. Join our exciting team as we push the envelope of mobile at EA!
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer who is passionate about making great games in a fast-paced environment with a collaborative team of talented developers. You will design and develop the technology for gameplay features, front-end UI, client/server communication and framework-level systems in a large-scale mobile game. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work as part of a game team on a variety of game features, core systems, and tools.
The ideal candidate will have experience creating and running live mobile games. You have an innate ability to communicate complex ideas in simple to understand ways, extensive knowledge of software engineering practices, and exceptional technical aptitude.
- Work with designers, server engineers, and production teams to design, develop, deliver, and improve ultra-fast, reusable, extensible game systems.
- Maintain core engine components on multiple hardware platforms, for example, memory and performance management, infrastructure and rendering.
- Monitor the performance and stability of the client to drive continuous improvement.
- Uphold high-quality standards through technical guidance, leadership, and mentoring
- Work with EA’s internal shared technology groups when necessary
- Develop new features as part of a continuous live service
- 5+ years of professional programming experience
- Extensive knowledge of C/C++
- Experience with both Object-Oriented Programming and component-based development
- Understanding of stable change management practices in a live service environment
- Experience working in a code base with multiple simultaneous development branches
- Flexibility to work on various systems including front-end, combat, gameplay, social
- Knowledge in these systems a bonus: front-end UI and client/server data flows
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience with iOS and/or Android development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A love for making and playing games
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-07-10 17:10:32.167
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Redwood City
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US