Asia Studios – Director of Development Operations
Location: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi CN
Requisition Number: 151410
Position Title: Producer II
Asia Studios – Director of Development Operations
EA Asia Studios is looking for a passionate and driven individual to manage product and business operations for the Asia region, actively supporting the relationship with our publishing partners from a product development perspective. Gamer and developer at heart, the Director of Development Operations will work closely with the Core PM and publishing groups to guide the current and future roadmap of our products across the region, with a strong emphasis on the China gaming market.
The ideal candidate is a thinker and doer with outstanding communications skills, proven experience in the games industry, excellent business acumen and a successful track record of developing and launching AAA products across multiple platforms. This role requires excellent inter-personal skills as it involves working closely with multiple groups and connecting with product leaders across EA on production best practices and initiatives, ensuring that we’re delivering the right game features and content for each territory, at quality.
Reporting into the Regional head of Product and Franchise Strategy, the Director of Development Operations will be versatile enough fill the gaps when necessary and support top priority strategic initiatives as well as own individual projects that help advance our long-term product strategy in the region. The Director of Development Operations is also able to identify risks / opportunities related to product quality and feature commitments.
- Align and work closely with regional product leadership team, ensuring the global strategy is reflected in product plans. Make sure product features are built towards the high-level vision.
- Liaise with Core PM and Publishing to monitor industry, local insights and Asia trends, with an emphasis on China to inform and assist our strategic approach, as well as identify opportunities to bring in additional revenue.
- Ensure effective communication between stakeholders by serving as the lead point of contact between internal and external publishing partners.
- Identify new next-gen mobile tech opportunities, work with R&D and core tech team to identify new mobile tech opportunities and prepare product teams to incorporate them into upcoming products.
- Participate and help define the what’s next for Asia and how to bring & culturalize IPs.
- Establish and maintain 3rd party development & publishing pipeline
- Support the PM group to ensure products meet the quality bar and are consistent across Asia Studios product portfolio.
- Support the development of publishing strategies, working with cross-functional publishing leadership, to complement product, and business strategies.
- Apply rigor and creativity to business design and decisions.
- Take point on product and business communications with EA global opportunities.
- Have a deep understanding of all publishing efforts in support of content releases and ongoing activities.
- Prepare and present business materials to Asia Studios executive stakeholders.
- The person we are looking for is someone who lives and breathes games, has a strong mix of project development and business acumen, with a strong emphasis on the China market.
- Able to partner with the largest publishing partners the Asia region has to offer and represent development studios’ best interest.
- 10 years’ experience in a managerial capacity, more than 7 years in product strategic planning and execution.
- Deep understanding of Western and Chinese game market, proven experience on culturizing western games for Chinese market across multiple platforms.
- Good communication skill, capable of communicating at all levels in the matrixed organization.
- Deep understanding of Chinese gaming market’s ecosystem.
- Directed products through all phases of development and successfully shipped products across multiple platforms with different models (Premium & Freemium).
- Proven experience in building teams from scratch; Managing P&L, creative process, cross-functional teams, strategic planning, distributed development and partnership management.
- Strong aptitude for team leadership and people management with proven experience in managing creative professionals (mentoring, coaching, on-boarding and organizational development)
- Proven experience with managing creative process & team, from “thinking out of the box” to “putting back into the box”. Able to articulate and communicate complex creative ideas to different levels & disciplines.
- Proven experience with doing business development with both multinational and domestic companies, managed company product portfolio and business negotiation with key partners.
- Solid track record of successful business development & negotiation skills.
- Proven knowledge & experience in managing IP licensing products.
- Outstanding communications, project management, and relationship-building skills; ability to communicate effectively with software developers and executives alike. Ability to prepare/present high impact business cases/analyses/recommendations to leadership team.
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment and manage multiple complex projects with diverse groups.
- Proficient change management skills, i.e. comfortable with ambiguity and constant change, yet able to set priorities and execute on commitments.
- Self-starter who is able to identify and solve problems.
- Passion for game and deep knowledge of EA’s key franchises.
- Experience working with international team and ready to travel often in the Asia region and sometimes to the US.
- Work closely with the Asia Studios leadership team in defining the future shape and changes for our development roadmap.
- Excellent communicator with exceptional decision making and influence skills. Proactive and creative problem solver.
- Able to work and communicate well in a very multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to multitask and remain flexible and collaborative under pressure.
- Experience collaborating across locations and geographies a plus.
- Experience building and shipping games on 3rd party publishing business model a plus.
Community / Marketing Title: Asia Studios – Director of Development Operations
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-07-16 02:52:29.983
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi CN