Location: Bucharest, RO
Requisition Number: 151373
Position Title: Software Engineer II
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
We are looking for someone passionate about the fun in games and looking to build their long-term career in the engineering domain. At Ghost Games, Software Engineers work very closely day-to-day with designers, product owners, project managers and other engineers to bring the game vision to life within strict project timelines.
What a UI Software Engineer does at EA
- Works closely with other disciplines to translate high-level ideas into AAA game features
- Collaborates within Ghost and works closely with other EA studios around the world
- Implements and maintains reliable and efficient code
- Keeps iterating with their team until the feature is incredible
- Works with designers to develop great authoring workflows
- Takes features through to shipping, fixing bugs and performance issues
Required Technical Skills and Experience
- BSc in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent industry experience
- Knowledge of C++ programming
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation
- Experience building UI
- A passion for games, and a desire to create high-quality AAA titles that millions of people want to play
Desirable Skills and Expertise
- Experience making Game UI
- Good understanding of UI best practices
- Experience using modern game engines (e.g. Unreal or Unity)
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Knowledge of C# and WPF development
- Experience using visual scripting (e.g. Unreal’s Kismet)
- Experience with Python
Our creative work ethos rewards new and different ideas. It is an environment that attracts brilliant talent from around the globe. No matter which of our studio locations you join, you'll feel the energy and support of EA's global brand, while thriving on our world-class campuses. At EA, the excitement you feel throughout each workday is made possible by a culture that inspires you to do the best work of your career.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-07-06 13:36:33.423
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bucharest, RO