Location: Vancouver, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 151305
Position Title: DD I
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work, and that’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The role of Development Manager is dynamic and multi-faceted, requiring strong communication skills, great customer service, a solid ability to prioritize tasks, balance multiple deadlines, and have knowledge of how to excel while working with a multitude of internal clients.
The DM will work alongside the Development Director and they will be responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of a product, on time and within budget.
• Collaborate with multiple games teams to develop and plan schedules based on project goals
• Determine dependencies and priorities between tasks within the team
• Monitor progress of work
• Communicate Priorities with team members
• Liaise with internal and external groups on issues
• Review project status reports and provide feedback to teams
• Be accountable for the committed deadlines
What skills does EA look for?
• 2-3 years Project Management or Project Coordination experience
• Nice to have, but not required would be 2-3 years of software development experience
• 1-2 years of leadership experience; strong negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution skills
• Effective communication skills across all levels of an organization.
• Education background should include a Degree in Business, Computer Science or equivalent.
What's In It For You?
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, pension with company match and, of course, free video games. We offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/ourlocations/burnaby-eav
Community / Marketing Title: Development Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-07-03 23:59:27.857
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA