Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 151272
Position Title: Senior Applications Engineer
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
If you like solving problems, get the job done as a team player and are self-starter this could be a great opportunity for you.
What would I be doing:
As part of EA-IT, the role offers a seasoned architect an opportunity to build web based enterprise applications and solutions, including development architecture, design & coding standards, tools, or platforms. Leading a team of engineers, as a full stack architect you will be architecting various applications both for internal as well as external use. You will be leveraging latest technologies and architecture principles to solve complex problems of modern applications. You would also be working with Scrum masters and Product owners to define, plan and deliver the software bits. Owning the product or application end to end from technical side would be part of your responsibility.
- Act independently as a top-level contributor in direction for major, complex programs intended to roll out high volume, high transaction-based web applications
- A problem solver and a hands-on person leading the team from the front and finding solutions using technology and logical thinking.
- Initiate, drive and deliver effective experiences in partnership with distributed cross-functional teams to ensure all aspects of the architectural vision are communicated, supported and delivered to the highest standards
- Work as an architecture team lead on large cross-functional projects, ensuring that robust and scalable solutions are implemented
- Track development deliverables and communicate their status to global teams
- Estimate engineering effort during various stages of project life cycle
- Provide architectural guidance and oversight to quality assurance on all new code from inception through integration, staging and production environments
- Exhibit creativity and resourcefulness at problem solving while collaborating and working effectively with best in class designers, engineers of different technical backgrounds, architects and product managers
- Coach, guide and mentor 2-4 lead developers in accomplishing architecture, design and implementation goals in addition to individual contribution in coding.
- Be responsible for end to end development architecture, thus ensuring the code written to implement the architecture and design meets the highest standards in terms of code quality and efficiency
- Ability to integrate research and best practices into problem avoidance and continuous improvement
- Experience with agile/scrum methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlogs
The next great EA Applications Architect also needs:
- 10+ years of Exp in UI technologies
- Demonstrated experience in architecting and deploying high volume, high transaction based, distributed and redundant web applications.
- Strong Understanding of Full stack modern technologies from UI layer to middleware and DB layer in detail.
- Minimum 5 plus years of strong hands-on experience in Angular or React
- Candidate with good experience in React Native/ Ionic and mobile app development is preferred
- Expert in Server-side development using Node.js
- Demonstrated ability to architect web on cloud platforms such as AWS.
- Experience with Salesforce cloud platform preferred.
- Proven track record of leading technical teams in delivering web technology architecture, design and implementation.
- Good understanding of modern distributed architecture and development frameworks (such as SOA, Lambda, Microservices) for scalable and very fast applications
- Excellent understanding of design patterns.
- Experience with Databases including, Mongo and MySQL
- Experience writing shell scripts
- Hands on coding experience
- Continuous and persistent learner
- Experience working in Agile methodology
- Experience in Development, Support, Maintenance, and Enhancement projects
- Excellent Troubleshooting Skills
- Good communicator
- Sense of humor
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like Global fitness program, Sodexo (Food Coupons), Parental Insurance & Medical, Accident & life insurance and since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!
Community / Marketing Title: UI Architect
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-07-06 04:11:42.907
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN