Snr UX Designer
Location: Guildford, GB
Requisition Number: 151219
Position Title: Contingent
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
Ghost Games is seeking an experienced UX Designer to be located in Guildford, England. You will be responsible for developing common interface ergonomics, which includes the creation of overlays for in-game presentation and functionality of the product. You will also conceptualize, design, and create individual assets for the interface. Most importantly- it will be your job to ensure the player experience is as intuitive as possible in guiding them through a complex network of selection and customization screens.
Sr. UI/UX Designer
- Experience designing for console games, websites, mobile apps, and/or other similar digital products; experience as a lead designer on large-scale products is ideal
- Experience partnering with managers, producers, engineers, and leadership to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch and beyond
- A visual design portfolio that demonstrates your user interface and graphic design skills and your creative process from inception through completion
- Expert skill level with visual design software apps including Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, etc; front-end programming and 3D experience a plus
- Expert skill level with UX design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Invision, and Adobe XD creating wireframes, flows, and more
- Experience in creating visual style guides and design systems and also experience designing within the constraints of existing brand identities
- Experience working with UX researchers, conducting user-tests and gathering data; and applying findings to improve the usability and overall quality of your designs
- You must be analytical thinker who enjoys being actively involved in the creative process
- You must be a strong communicator who is be able to present your work and methodologies
- You must be a positive, energetic person; excited and proud to have a high-level of creative influence on AAA video games titles
- Utilize your full range of design skills to own the end-to-end experience in developing game user interfaces, in-game HUD, motion graphics, and more
- Quickly and thoroughly create process flows, low-fidelity wireframes, and visual designs as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviours
- Collaborate with team leadership and brand partners to develop in-game visual style guide and UI design systems
- Collaborate with game designers and producers to help define and design game features
- Collaborate with and provide direction to a multidisciplinary development team including junior UI/UX designers, UI technical artists, software engineers, character and environment artists, animators, and others throughout the development process
- Drive strategic alignment of consistency, reusability, and scalability of design tools and methodologies
- Present designs and lead design reviews and feedback sessions with key stakeholders
- Be proactive, autonomous, and take full ownership your work
Please include URLs for an online portfolio in addition to resume. Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Community / Marketing Title: Snr UX Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-07-06 11:56:50.86
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Guildford, GB