Sr. VFX Artist
Location: Sacramento, California US
Requisition Number: 151211
Position Title: Sr Visual Effects Artist
At Electronic Arts we put our players first, and we’re looking for the most talented and creative game developers in the world to help us become the world’s #1 mobile gaming company. Mobile is the future of our industry and the future of our company. Our mobile team is growing fast, with 17 exciting studios around the world and a portfolio of blockbuster titles like FIFA, The Simpsons: Tapped Out, Madden, Real Racing, Plants vs. Zombies, the Sims and Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.
Creativity, Collaboration, and Communication are what makes us tick as we prepare ourselves for massive amounts of growth and an incredible amount of fun. We want to engage our players and create the most entertaining mobile titles in the world. Come and see for yourself, the future is here.
We’re pushing the boundaries on every front so you’ll get a chance to stretch beyond your comfort zone and have the ability to learn while you contribute. Our team culture is collaborative and high-performance and we expect everyone to think like game makers and approach development with a Player First perspective.
Capital Games is looking for a talented Sr. Visual Effects Artist to join the team and help in prototyping and creating Effects for real-time use in Mobile games. Mobile games are pushing the bounds of visual graphics and rely on spectacular visual effects to deliver a powerful gameplay experience. Explosions, fire, and smoke paint images worth thousands of words. The Visual Effects artist is responsible for creating all sorts of gripping visuals, big and small alike.
- Work closely with game designers, scripters, and Art Directors to create and implement VFX for games.
- Model, texture, animate, and light VFX assets to Design & Art Directors’ specifications.
- Work closely with engineers and leads to problem solve technical and art pipelines.
- Make sure VFX run and are optimized within the current device specifications.
- Work within deadlines and display time management skills.
- Experience creating visual effects for games.
- Demonstrable technical skills working with VFX pipelines for real-time 3D game engines.
- Ability to conceptualize and animate realistic particle systems such as fire, explosions, smoke, sparks, dust, clouds, weather, magic etc.
- Must have a demonstrable artistic talent to create compelling textures for particle effects.
- Must have strong knowledge of lighting, color, and composition.
- Expertise in Photoshop strongly preferred.
- Experience with Maya, MEL, and Python preferred.
- Experience with Unity3D preferred.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. VFX Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-06-20 16:55:54.31
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sacramento, California US