C++ Software Engineer
Location: Bucharest, RO
Requisition Number: 151139
Position Title: Software Engineer in Test 1
C++ Software Engineer
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
EA’s Digital Platform Gameplay Services team has a need for a C++ Software Engineer in EARO, Bucharest. Our platform powers online features for EA’s game titles serving millions of users each day. The candidate has an opportunity to build scalable, distributed server-side systems that deliver cutting-edge functionality to our millions of customers as well as work on innovative improvements to keep our systems at top notch performance.
- Design and build brand new services covering all aspects from storage to application logic to fault tolerance and elastic scaling
- Enhance and add features to existing online services and gameplay capabilities
- Design test plans for services automated testing
- Write automated tests for functional and scenario-based testing of the services
- Research and select new best-of-breed technologies to meet challenging requirements
- Collaborate with engineers from across the company to deliver the next generation of online features for both established and not-yet-released games
- Continually strive to optimize performance and scalability of server systems
- Be a part of the overall software design and architecture process of our systems
- Be a champion for best practices within the engineering team
- Work with product managers to innovate on new features to support EA’s business
- Provide maintenance and support for new and existing services
- 5+ years of experience in software development in C++
- Expertise with relational and/or NoSQL database
- 2+ years of experience with client-server and peer-to-peer architectures, network security, basic network protocols (e.g. TCP/IP and UDP)
- Deep understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, runtime optimization, concurrency and synchronization.
- Experience designing APIs for SDKs and S2S
- Proven track record of building high traffic services and highly scalable systems
- Experience with all phases of product development lifecycle, including requirement definition, development, test, and product release
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills, solution-oriented individual
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills working in a multi-threaded environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Experience with Jira and Perforce
- Knowledge of RESTful web services
- Experience with C#/C++ CLI
- Knowledge of scalable data storage and processing technologies
- Experience with stress testing plus performance tuning and optimization
- Experience working within the games industries
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
- Where we are located? Afi Park 2, Vasile Milea no 4F
- More about the events and work environment here: https://www.flipsnack.com/yo0216/ea-romania-2017.html
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!
Community / Marketing Title: C++ Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-06-25 09:27:39.267
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bucharest, RO