Software Engineer - Build and Release Team
Location: Bucharest, RO
Requisition Number: 151115
Position Title: Software Engineer I
We Are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
EA has a team of developers working on live online services which deliver features to the games 24/7. These application services are written in Java and use MySQL databases. EA is looking for a developer passionate about making developers lives easier through automation and the configuration management. The works consists of improving the automation the developers use by updating existing software and systems. The works also is fortunate to be able to develop new technologies or using open source technologies to make things better for the development teams. Additional responsibilities will be the software configuration management of the code lines ensuring the code lines are safe and maintained.
If you are a software developer who is passionate about software development and have a desired to make the work flow of other engineers better by improving their automation, EA will be happy to work with you gain those skills.
Necessary Skills (Must Have)
- 1+ years programming experience in at least one of the following languages: C, C++, C#, or JAVA
- Experience with at lease one scripting language (Groovy, Python, Perl, Ant, etc..)
- 1+ years proven work experience doing software development
- Conceptual knowledge of automated build systems such as Maven, Jenkins, Build Forge or equivalent
- Proven knowledge with Change Management, Version Control, Dependency Management systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both individually and collaboratively in a team environment
- Good understanding of software development processes and best practices.
- Ability to break down complicated problems into manageable components and work well in time-critical situations
- Quick learner, willing to be trained and gain new skills
- Develop, optimize and maintain our build automation systems and scripts
- Manage our SCM system, providing support and advising other team member.
- Incorporate and implement new technologies and methodologies into our pipeline
- Provide configuration management expertise to the Product Development team
- Documentation and training
Nice to Have Skills
- Experience with Perforce
- Experience with Maven
- Experience with Jenkins or Hudson
- Experience with ANT/NAnt
- Knowledge of Java and SQL
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
· More about our location: https://www.facebook.com/ElectronicArtsRomania
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer - Build and Release Team
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-06-25 13:33:04.993
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bucharest, RO