Location: Vancouver, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 151081
Position Title: Software Engineer III
The Role: Software Engineer
Using C++ as the primary development language, the Software Engineer will be responsible for developing game and infrastructure features for UFC, as well as improving and maintaining existing code.
- Partner with other Engineers and Designers to bring the vision to life.
- Write technical design specifications.
- Create and maintain game engine components.
- Profile and optimize software components.
- Use existing code bases & libraries, including contributing to and/or authoring Best Practices and SE Guidelines
- Work with people on a large team both locally and remotely.
- Work independently with minimal supervision and communicate status.
Required Technical Skills / Experience:
- Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- Proficiency with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software programming practices.
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
- Excellent detail-oriented, problem solving skills – must be able to quickly identify issues and resolve them
- Experience with 3rd party APIs.
Additional Skills (Preference to candidates with these skills):
- 2+ years experience working on Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo game consoles or other embedded systems.
- Experience integrating and maintaining large scale systems covering multiple domains.
- Understanding and experience of job-based architectures.
- Basic SQL or MySQL knowledge is preferred
- Experience with assembler, scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) and C#. is an asset
- Experience with Visual Studio and deep knowledge of the debugging tools
- Experience with source control systems
Performance Competencies (Non-Technical Skills):
- Knowledgeable about MMA sport
- Solid verbal and written communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Solid understanding of the Software design/architecture process
- Solid ability to understand direction and execute on the work
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
- Constantly innovate how to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
- Excellent decision making capabilities.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions.
- Demonstrated dependability and commitment to projects/tasks.
What's In It For You:
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, and pension with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eav
Contact me: Jesenka Duranovic, Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org; @jesenka088
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-06-14 20:11:17.717
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA