Location: Seattle, Washington US
Requisition Number: 150697
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I
Electronic Arts is more than you’ve ever realized. We’re more than a company, or a headline, or even a clever catchphrase – we’re a vibrant community of over 8,000 artists, storytellers, technologists and innovators working toward a shared vision: to inspire and unite through play.
While headquartered in Redwood City, EA's platform engineering, game development, and publishing operations take place in a network of locations, stretching from Shanghai to Stockholm, Melbourne to Vancouver. No matter which of our studio locations you join, you’ll feel the energy and support of EA’s global brand, while immersing yourself in a culture that inspires you to thrive, take risks and dream big.
The Challenge Ahead:
EA’s Digital Platform (EADP) organization is responsible for driving critical technology decisions and investments for EA on a global basis, across all divisions and studio teams. Technology and engineering leadership at EA is critical to making the industry’s best games and services and the EADP team is leading the way to providing cross-platform infrastructure that will keep our consumers connected with our games anytime, anywhere with anyone.
What a Senior Software Engineer, Content Engine does at EA:
This unique role will be perfect for an individual who likes to find innovative ways of constructing ridiculously powerful systems to power the content of EA’s games like Battlefield and services like Origin and EA Access to name a few. We build systems and tools that support the knowledge base for EA and used by internal and external customers. You should be excited by the idea of working with the latest graph databases and inference engines, doing devops with state-of-the-art providers like AWS and developing highly scalable solutions. You will develop expertise spanning platform technologies, infrastructure technologies, and game engine and client technology across EA’s broad portfolio of mobile, console and PC games.
- Work with leadership to iterate on the product vision and add valuable technical insights into the most impactful solutions to build
- Evaluate and Identify areas of improvement for scale and performance in the product
- Staying up to date on the industry trends and always questioning if there are any process or tech improvements are needed to improve productivity and efficiency
- Develop full stack applications leveraging open source technologies like React, Nodejs, Java, Python.
- Manage infrastructure through cloud providers like AWS.
- Work directly with stakeholders like game studios through rapid prototyping and PoC development.
- Provide technical mentorship to junior engineers and new hires
- Coordinate closely with team members including peer engineers, program managers and product managers
- Help hire talented engineers to the team while raising the bar
The next great EA Software Engineer, Player Reliability also needs:
- BS Computer Science
- Strong programming expertise in Nodejs, React, Python or Java
- Expertise in object-oriented design/programming
- Knowledgeable in the area of scalable platform architecture, end to end systems design and architecture
- Passion and creativity for problem solving
- SQL, familiarity with visualization tools and analytic techniques – i.e. predictive modeling, data visualizations
- Able to work and problem solve independently, organize workload and priorities, high-quality execution, technical innovation/adaptation, and initiative
- Understanding of the realities of working with large, rich datasets and complex distributed client/server systems
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!
Community / Marketing Title: Principal SWE
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-06-15 21:57:42.58
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Seattle, Washington US