C++ Software Engineer - FIFA
Location: Bucharest, RO
Requisition Number: 150614
Position Title: Software Engineer II
We are EA Romania
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Have you ever experienced the thrill of a last-minute goal that carries your team to victory in front of millions of people? Working here is kind of like that!
The Challenge Ahead:
Have you ever experienced the thrill of a last minute goal that carries your team to victory in front of millions of people? Working here is kind a’ like that.
The C++ Software Engineer is a critical part of the game creation process. They are involved in architectural design and implementation of game features on multiple platforms, working with designers, artists and other engineers to build state of the art experiences for a world-wide audience.
What a C++ engineer does at EA:
- Develop new features, engine components and tools.
- Create reusable & scalable software modules.
- Write technical design specifications.
- Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code, pipelines and other game-related sub-components and packages
- Profile and optimize modules of the game and of the game’s engine.
The next great EA C++ Software Engineer also needs:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- Passion for building games and interest or knowledge in at least one related domain: AI, gameplay, physics, rendering, game tools, low level engineering, online & connectivity, etc.
- C++ proficiency.
- Thorough knowledge of software design principles, object-oriented programming concepts and common design patterns.
- Strong grasp on algorithms and data structures.
- Familiar with multiple debugging techniques.
- Strong understanding of code revision control workflow and tools.
- Thorough knowledge of the standard library and STL containers [Nice to have]
- Experience with performance profiling tools.
…and, in general, the potential to sweep us off our feet!
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
At EA Romania, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
- More about our location:
- And our people
Community / Marketing Title: C++ Software Engineer - FIFA
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-05-31 07:01:04.27
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bucharest, RO