Location: Stockholm, Stockholms lan SE
Requisition Number: 150484
Position Title: Software Engineer II
We are looking for a Rendering Engineer to join the Frostbite team!
Frostbite is a technology and collaboration platform for diverse game franchises, such as FIFA, Battlefield, Star Wars Battlefront, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Need for Speed and Plant vs. Zombies Garden Warfare. Thousands of game developers all over the world are using Frostbite to create some of the best-looking games in the industry!
You will be part of our talented rendering team, driving the technology forward that will power future titles and push the boundaries of visual quality in games. You will collaborate with world class engineers and artists across EA.
- Develop and maintain high quality rendering systems for multiple AAA games
- Research, innovate and implement cutting edge real-time rendering techniques
- Collaborate across team and discipline boundaries to provide highly productive and effective art and content workflows
- Undertake performance profiling and optimization on multiple platforms
- Work closely with game team artists and art directors to create effective solutions
- Inspire and mentor less experienced members of the team
- BSc degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Extensive real-time computer graphics knowledge
- Expert C++, data-driven design, and architecture skills
- Expertise at profiling and optimization
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Detailed knowledge of one or more CPU and GPU architectures
- Console development experience
- C#/Tools development experience
- Team Lead/Management experience
What’s in it for you?
At Frostbite we take care of our staff! In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage, a variety of sports activities and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and we provide our employees with occupational pension.
We respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is essential to our long-term success!
This opportunity is for a permanent position at Frostbite’s Stockholm office.
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test. Apply online with a combined CV and introduction letter in English explaining “Why I want to work at Frostbite”.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Community / Marketing Title: Rendering Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-05-24 14:24:53.177
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Stockholm, Stockholms lan SE