Sr Systems Designer
Location: Orlando, Florida US
Requisition Number: 150421
Position Title: Sr Game Designer
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling video game franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, PGA TOUR golf, and EA SPORTS UFC. For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports. com.
We are looking for a Systems Designer to join our studio in Orlando to work on Madden NFL Football.
- Deliver on the game vision set by the Creative Director and various Product Owners.
- Set and maintain the gold standard for game systems in a franchise while assisting in the design and balancing of game systems throughout Madden.
- Work with developers across all disciplines and design leadership through all stages of development to own and support large systems and features that improve content and functionality of the game.
- Provide and receive critique in a constructive manner with suggestions and solutions for improvement.
- Be dedicated in communicating progress and resolution of problems.
- Remain current on industry trends including: new game genres, new game design methods and emerging platforms.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent considered but not required.
- 5+ years industry experience specifically in game design.
- 1+ shipped title where you were directly responsible for system design and balancing.
- Deep understanding of stat curves, player progression systems, and gameplay loops.
- Willingness to adapt and iterate designs.
- Shown ability to manage time, self-organize, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent creative, analytical and organizational skills with sound ability to write, communicate and maintain detailed design documentation throughout project life cycle.
- Proficiency with MS Office (specifically Excel and Visio), wikis (e. g., Confluence), and wire framing tools is highly helpful.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
- We love to brag about our generous benefits like comprehensive health care, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes extraordinary people to make best-in-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
- More about our location: https://careers.ea.com/locations/usa/orlando
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr Systems Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-05-17 20:20:21.333
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Orlando, Florida US