EA SPORTS DevOps - Lead Tools Developer
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 150403
Position Title: Software Engineer II
The Role: Lead Tools Developer
The EA SPORTS DevOps organization is a group of passionate individuals who collaborate with multiple teams to provide online services that enhance the game experience. We support billion-dollar video game franchises as well as advertising units within EA. Our environments are continuously challenged by marketing promotions, game launches, and security threats. We are passionate about automation and ensuring high standards.
Who You Are
• You thrive in a collaborative team environment.
• You are passionate about efficiency and automation.
• You love solving problems.
• You have a desire to innovate, enhance, and improve.
• Develop our Django/Python based web tool to include features that help the operations of our live services by our 24x7 team.
• Develop, manage and monitor the application deployment pipeline with time-efficiency and availability in mind.
• Instrument monitoring solutions to gain insight into application performance and understand emerging issues.
• Evaluate new technologies.
• Maintain deployment software and tools (Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, XL Deploy & Release etc.)
• Architect and design solutions to increase automation and reliability for the DevOps team
• Provide technical mentorship for peer and junior DevOps SEs in the team.
• Work with the Java developers to review their designs and ensure the systems are developed to support operational requirements, including scalability.
• Develop and maintain Bash scripts to keep the multi-server system healthy.
• Assist with debug issues from the network layer all the way to the application layer.
• Participate in the off-hours rotation to support the live environment helping to ensure our consumer experience is always world class.
Required Skills / experience:
• 5+ years’ experience working as a software engineer on a development team working on a large scale distributed environment.
• Strong understanding of the systems and software design/architecture process.
• Solid experience with scripting languages. Python and Bash is ideal.
• Strong knowledge and experience working with Jenkins and the Django framework.
• Strong working knowledge of the HTTP protocol.
• Strong knowledge of networking concepts preferably at the load balancer layer
• Working knowledge of databases (MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.)
• Experience working with infrastructure automation tools such as Terraform or OpenStack
• Superb communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Superb ability to take high level direction and know how to execute against it.
• Experience with source control systems, ideally Perforce.
• Dependable and high commitment to projects (the team is counting on you)
Nice to have Skills:
• Experience with Java.
• Experience with load testing and system analysis.
• Experience in an online operational environment involving deployments to both test and production systems.
• Experience with Ansible, Docker, XL Deploy & XL Release.
• Experience working with Cloud framework.
• Experience working with geographically remote teams.
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, pension with company match and, of course, free video games. We offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eav
Contact me: Jesenka Duranovic, firstname.lastname@example.org
Community / Marketing Title: EA SPORTS DevOps - Lead Tools Developer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-05-16 18:56:08.443
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA