Technical Artist (Rigging-Tools)
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 118303
Position Title: Technical Artist 2
We are a centralized rigging department supporting EA Studios games including FIFA, Madden NFL, NBA, NHL, UFC, Plants vs Zombies & Need for Speed, and more, located in multiple studios worldwide. We develop, support, and facilitate artistic and technical infrastructure that maximizes believable performances, rigging workflows, and innovation.
Working with our game team and central partners, we share a unified passion for creating and supporting industry leading visuals. We seek people who are technically focused, not afraid to take risks, can conquer challenges, drive innovation and thrives on adventure.
What the Rigging Technical Artist will do:
The Rigging Technical Artist role is an effective liaison between artists and software engineers. They will design and develop solutions for workflows to enable production artists to continue working at optimal efficiency. The Rigging TA will work as part of a team and coordinate with other TAs, supervisors, lead artists, and directors to create, maintain, and deliver content to game teams. There is a strong focus on pipeline development, and since this is a role within the global central rigging team, background knowledge in rigging is a necessity.
Who You Are:
• At least 4+ years of cinematic/games production experience. The ideal candidate has completed more than 3 AAA games/movie productions.
• Highly adept at communicating with different audiences: artists, engineers, managers.
• Proficient scripting/programming in Python. C#, C++, and Maya API a bonus (but not required).
• High proficiency in Maya required. Houdini a bonus.
• Experience with industry leading game engines preferred.
• Strong background in rigging and pipeline development required.
• An aptitude for problem solving, particularly as it pertains to testing and debugging technical issues.
• Deep understanding of asset optimization challenges/techniques.
• A willingness to jump into the unknown and solve new problems; the ability to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations.
• Document tools and processes required to educate artists on new tools and workflows.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eac
Have questions about the role? Contact pchavez @ ea.com
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Artist (Rigging-Tools)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-03-07 08:00:00.0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA