Art Director 1
Location: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi CN
Requisition Number: 118259
Position Title: Art Director 1
Position: Art Director
EA Shanghai is a highly-engaged content creation team within EA Worldwide Studios. We are creatively driven and focused on high end visual production across multiple genres and art styles. Working with our game team partners around the world, we share a unified passion for creating amazing experiences and industry leading visuals. We are adventurous and creative. We are courageous and we take chances. We seek pioneers who cut new paths and conquer challenges with fierce determination.
Required art direction skills
- Experience providing art direction for AAA titles – must have a solid understanding of art and development practices, and have shipped multiple titles in the art director role.
- Proven ability to direct and critique an art team, ensuring their work is at a high level of quality and matches the game style and vision. Must be able to run daily reviews and provide effective feedback to artists.
- Excellent visual language and storytelling skills. Must be able to use them to create tone, atmosphere and ambiance, as well as “sell” events in a scene.
- Good functional world knowledge and observations skills – able to help the teams create plausible, believable environments for (mostly) modern and futuristic settings.
- Experience directing all art aspects of a project – Characters, environments, animation, VFX, concept, etc.
- Able to confidently discuss any art topics in English.
Additional preferred skills
- Familiarity with action games – fixed camera, FPS or TPS.
- Ability to mentor AADs and art leads, helping them develop the “soft skills” of leading teams, managing partner relationships and insuring alignment.
- Ability to help develop the EASH artist community, sharing skills, knowledge and experience.
- Experience working with Chinese artists - Mandarin language skills a plus.
Required general skills
- 5+ years games industry experience (or similar entertainment industry work)
- Wide-ranging knowledge of the games industry, genres, and markets.
- Extensive experience with 3D art, authoring packages and best practices.
- Solid communication and problem solving abilities. Confident creating workflows and processes to guide and organize art teams. Ability to effectively direct and delegate to leads.
- Proven experience in effectively engaging external partners, and understanding the core vision of a game. Must be able to actively drive conversations to ensure that vision is communicated.
Please send your resume to：Chinajobs@ea.com via Word format.
For your portfolios, please compress it as .zip
Community / Marketing Title: Art Director 1
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-03-07 08:00:00.0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi CN