BioWare Austin: Executive Producer Anthem - Live Services
Requisition Number: 117142
Position Title: Executive Producer
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
BioWare is looking for a Live Service Executive Producer to complement our Franchise Executive Producers and ensure we are building our HD experiences to sustain our player experiences and business for years beyond initial product launches. In this role, you will work as a principal partner to the Franchise EP to collaboratively drive and define the future of BioWare’s live game services. We are looking for a world-class Live Service producer who can blend creative, player facing vision, and business requirements for success. You will be responsible for driving the live service business around multiple games, starting with our recently revealed Anthem title.
As the Live Service EP, your chief responsibility is to manage and lead the Live Service development of our games; you will do this working in partnership with the launch product EP. You will ensure that the game design, systems, and economies of our games are built to maintain player engagement and our business for years of successful live game service. At launch, you’ll then be responsible for the care and advancement of those services.
This is a key leadership role that involves a high level of interaction with team members, development partners, studio leadership, and EA executives. You will be the chief product owner, player representative, and vision holder for our games as they launch and sustain as Live Services. The successful candidate will have a strong mix of creative, technical, innovative and leadership experience from the Live Services gaming space (MMO, Mobile etc).
BioWare is looking for a proven leader with a track record of successful live game products and someone who knows how to create and execute on a vision to deliver player delight within a live game service. If you are someone who wakes up every day eagerly awaiting new KPI reports to create actionable, creative, and player facing advancements for your games, this role could be for you!
What the Executive Producer will do at BioWare:
- Lead your teams and BioWare’s Live Service game business. You will be the spokesperson for our games’ Live Service businesses, both internally and externally.
- Drive the game vision, balancing both the Design and Product Management perspectives to deliver an optimal balance of creative design and science (AEM) into game development from the earliest stages of product lifecycle. This will be done in partner ownership with BioWare’s launch product EP through product launch, when ownership transitions to the Live Service EP.
- Partner with BioWare studio leadership to build Center of Excellence quality to BioWare’s Live Service business
- Foster a culture of analytically driven design while constantly driving toward improving KPIs.
- Effectively communicate the core experience of the game to other parts of EA
- Passionately articulate goals and team principles to help form a stimulating and fun work environment
- Champion the professional development of your people and ensure that EA continues to employ the very best individuals
- Attract, develop, inspire, and lead high performers, creating a culture that motivates and retains world class talent required for success
- Work in deep partnership with EA’s global development and support groups, leveraging consumer insights, market feedback, as well as platform and channel expertise drive effective go to market strategies
Who You Are:
- 10+ years in game development with experience in an Executive Producer or Director-level role
- Proven track record of developing and managing a live game service along with leading, motivating and driving development teams to success
- Passion for leading a game development team to execute based on KPI- and player-feedback driven insights
- Strong track record overseeing published game titles, live services, and game as a service
- Ability to adapt and collaborate in leading a distributed team
- Ability to successfully partner across a global organization
- Demonstrates sound decision-making based on both data analysis, market knowledge, and personal judgement
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/austin
Contact our Recruiter: Christine Cicchi - firstname.lastname@example.org
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare Austin: Executive Producer Anthem - Live Services
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-01-16 08:00:00.0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US