BioWare: Character Art Lead
Requisition Number: 119089
Position Title: Sr Character Artist
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
What the Character Art Lead will do at BioWare:
A Character Artist Lead at our BioWare studio will influence a new generation of character fidelity by utilizing their exceptional skills and working with the latest engine and tools. It's important for all characters in BioWare games to be emotionally engaging and immerse gamers into the worlds and stories that we create.
Who You Are:
Exceptional technical and aesthetic ability are vital to the creation of believable characters. Our characters are the cornerstone of the visually stunning, immersive games we create, taking a tremendous amount of skill and talent.
The portfolio should highlight the artist’s:
- Ability to create, light, texture and render realistic humans and creatures
- The ability to use and create advanced surface shaders
- Ability to craft high resolution, complex organic / hard surface assets and game-ready meshes
- Clean and optimised texturing and material work
- Ability to work with and from reference materials, such as concept art or photogrammetry / scan data
- Ability to author assets for a physically based environment and complete understanding of PBR
- Demonstrate use and understanding of individual material channels (diffuse albedo, roughness, normal, etc)
What skills and qualifications do we look for?
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Ability and willingness to lead small teams in a personnel management capacity
- Coach and mentor a team both technically and from a career perspective
- Work with external vendors to help create briefs and define technical guidelines
- Work effectively in a cross functional team, understanding complex asset dependencies
- Experience with shaders, physically based rendering and material authoring pipelines
- Excels in Maya
- Exceptionally skilled in Substance Designer/Painter
- MEL, Python, HLSL scripting knowledge is a plus
- Strong organizational skills (pipeline optimization, goal setting, writing documentation, etc.)
- Strong ZBrush or Mudbox experience
- Experience with organic and inorganic modelling
- Frostbite/Unreal experience
- 7-10 years or more experience
- Education required: completion of high school, some college, vocational training or University or equivalent work experience/training
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Contact: Shannon - email@example.com
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/austin
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare: Character Art Lead
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-04-09 08:00:00.0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US