BioWare: VFX Artist
Location: Austin, Texas US
Requisition Number: 155871
Position Title: Sr Visual Effects Artist
BioWare's vision is to create, deliver, and evolve the most emotionally engaging games in the world.
Currently announced projects at BioWare include the newly revealed IP Anthem: a shared-world action RPG, the ongoing support of the Mass Effect franchise: one of the highest rated video game series of all time, Dragon Age: Inquisition, the latest entry in the Dragon Age franchise, and Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™: a story-driven massively multiplayer online game.
BioWare is looking for a talented Visual Effects Artist to join our creative team and work on Star Wars™: The Old Republic.
Visual Effects Artists at BioWare research, conceptualize, and animate environment effects, combat effects and cinematic effects. Candidates must have an experienced eye for detail and the ability to work as an integral part of a focused team. Successful candidates must be proficient in VFX animation and have an understanding of physical principals. We are also looking for strong problem- solving skills.
What a VFX Artist at BioWare will do:
- Create stunning VFX for the game, including but not limited to: ability VFX, cinematic VFX, environmental VFX, explosions, energy FX, weather effects, skyboxes, etc.
- Have creative input and ownership of their VFX solutions
- Be a part of the creative team when new planets, areas, game spaces are started
- Partner closely with the team designers, cinematic artists and environment artists to come up with creative solutions to VFX requests
- Work with a dedicated team who is passionate about what they do
- Work on an established title
- Be a part of a project in the Star Wars universe!
Who You Are:
- 3+ years experience in the game industry (or demonstrated equivalent visual effects ability)
- Intermediate or Senior level
- Experience with creating FX in a game engine
- Experience in Photoshop (required), 3ds Max (preferred), After Effects (preferred). Houdini experience an advantage.
- Experience with a scripting language (Mel, Maxscript or Python, etc.)
- Experience with real-time, node-based shader editors in modern game engines
- Ability to view visual reference of an effect, deconstruct it, and re-create it in a real-time game engine
- Strong knowledge of environmental effects, cloth simulations, lighting and dynamics
- Ability to do some animation, understanding of physics
- Ability to be creative beyond reality and demonstrate a flair for sensational and extraordinary effects
- Ability to focus and keep content relevant to the current project’s art style and work within those limitations
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
**3D Portfolio Requirements**
A link to your portfolio must be included with your application/resume. All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, screenshots, scanned pictures, web page portfolio, etc.
(Please include as many of the following elements as you can)
- Examples of natural and organic effects (smoke, fire, waterfalls)
- Examples of fantastical effects animation (spells, explosions)
- Examples of rigid or soft body dynamics
- Examples of real time effects created in a game engine
- Examples of modeling texturing and lighting
- Examples of various animations showcasing your ability to demonstrate physics and motion in VFX
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
Since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our locations: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/austin,
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare: VFX Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-05-28 22:49:57.667
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US