BioWare: Digital Content Strategist
Location: Edmonton, Alberta CA
Requisition Number: 153574
Position Title: Digital Strategist
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
What the Digital Content Strategist will do at BioWare:
Who You Are: You are an avid gamer and creator. You understand the importance of communication with a community and you have experience creating engaging and entertaining content for a multitude of platforms. You will work with the External Engagement team in service of our game teams to help create a positive community of players and fans by creating amazing communication assets.
Vision and Planning
- Responsible for the overall vision and strategy for the BioWare social and blog channels.
- Seek feedback from studio leadership to ensure alignment with overall studio objectives and priorities.
- Responsible for project management of Studio Brand projects and delegation of responsibilities to colleagues.
- Contribute to the planning for BioWare live events, consumer products, and entertainment.
- Responsible for researching emergent social trends and observing our competitors for novel forms of content and techniques.
BioWare Channel Management
- Complete planning, research, development and execution of the BioWare social and blog presence. Channels include Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitch, and the BioWare Blog.
- Determine studio social strategy and anticipate opportunities or relevant dates for public facing content.
- Maintain an editorial calendar to track upcoming beats, scheduling content via percolate, measuring engagement and other KPIs.
- Work cross-functionally with our Publishing and Marketing partners (Campaign, Community, Brand, Marketing Channels, etc.) to support marketing efforts and ensure relevant teams are informed of studio initiatives.
- Authoring content for the BioWare blog and working with the BioWare online team for any blog design or functionality updates.
- Day-to-day monitoring of managed channels for emergent issues and trends and assessment of social analytics and content performance.
Multimedia Content Creation
- Responsible for multimedia content production for the BioWare social & blog channels.
- Generate and seek approval for creative briefs that determine the types and forms of content to be created.
- Responsible for asset production (videography, photography, graphic design, video editing, etc.), approvals, and go-live readiness.
- Coordinate with other internal teams assisting with asset production. (VO, Audio, remote shoots)
- Ensure high asset quality by tailoring content according to each channel's best practices.
- Manage external contractors to assist with content production and asset development (videographers, video editors, artists, etc.).
- Manage AV equipment, maintain inventory of equipment, repairs, and order new/upgraded equipment as needed.
- Archive and categorize relevant multimedia for the BioWare video production and studio archives.
- Current knowledge of gaming culture, the gaming market, and the greatest players in the galaxy - our fans. This includes a good knowledge of BioWare portfolio, you should understand why Solas is a jerk, why it had to be Mordin, and which Turian cooked you a burnt steak.
- Endlessly creative. Great at coming up with new ideas for content that is relevant to our games and to our fans.
- 3-5 years of experience with public communications through social media outlets and Solid understanding of major social media platforms and the kind of content that works best for each.
- Well versed with the Adobe Suite (particularly Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom)
- Strong knowledge of the video production process, including working with other teams (audio, game capture) to ensure an efficient production flow.
- Minimal travel is required
*Must submit a portfolio with application
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
The opportunity to work and learn from a world-class games studio making world-class games. We are a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, pension with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. Health, Dental, Financial offered (ESPP and RRSP matching).
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/edmonton
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare: Digital Content Strategist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-11-09 17:45:11.163
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Edmonton, Alberta CA