BioWare: Associate Outsource Art Manager Contract
Location: Austin, Texas US
Requisition Number: 153567
Position Title: Artist 1
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
BioWare Austin is seeking an Associate Outsource Art Manager to join the Star Wars™: The Old Republic team and work with the outsourcing vendors to deliver cutting edge, highly detailed outsourced assets.
What the Associate Outsource Art Manager will do at BioWare Austin:
- Work under the guidance of our Outsource Art Manager
- Work on several different types of outsourced assets, including concepts, props, armor sets, weapons, vehicles and characters
- Supply vendors with all the requirements and reference materials needed for asset creation
- Review outsourcing work, following assets through the full pipeline, from concept to final implementation
- Provide clear, concise, and timely feedback; including gathering feedback from the Art Director and Discipline Leads
- Prep and implement final outsourced assets into our in-house engine
- Adjust models and textures as needed
- Work to ensure assets are completed on time and work within our schedule of release dates
- Proactively identifies risks associated with meeting project milestones.
Who You Are:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- Proficient with ZBrush, 3DSMax, Photoshop, Substance Designer (Maya is a plus)
- Knowledge of PBR and non-PBR workflows and able to work in both
- Able to follow direction and work independently within established parameters
- Experience working with game assets and working in game engines
- Excited to work with a great team on a well-established game
- Experience working with outsourcing teams a plus
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
Since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/austin
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare: Associate Outsource Art Manager Contract
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-11-08 22:14:18.243
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US