BioWare: Sr. UI Artist
Location: Austin, Texas US
Requisition Number: 153458
Position Title: Sr User Interface Artist
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming
Duties and responsibilities:
- Collaborate closely with the Game Team leadership to deliver world-class AAA games and user experiences.
- Deliver excellent work and provide effective and constructive feedback based on the Art Direction and Gameplay goals.
- Proficiency in documentation and communication is essential in sharing information and articulating the rationale behind the UI decisions among the development team, leadership team, and other studio partners.
- Work with external/remote teams including usability partners and communicate to maintain the vision on a consistent basis.
- Stay current with industry trends and user experiences, proposing solutions for future development.
- Project planning and tracking skills & understanding are important to insure the team stays on track and priorities adapt to creative changes as needed.
- 5+ years extensive games industry experience in shipping AAA titles on console and PC
- Good knowledge of User/Player engagement
- Ability to give effective critiques and also take feedback & criticism
- Demonstration through portfolio of strong graphic design ability in both 2D & 3D
- Solid understanding of popular games specifically in the RPG and Action genres
- Passion, energy and enthusiasm
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/austin
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare: Sr. UI Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-11-02 01:52:16.227
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US