BioWare: Platform Engineer
Location: Austin, Texas US
Requisition Number: 153455
Position Title: Software Engineer II
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
What the Platform Software Developer will do at BioWare:
We architect, develop and scale distributed services and online APIs that power many of the online aspects of every BioWare games. We work with game developers and designers to deliver systems and services that expand the player experience in new and innovative ways.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years development of scalable back-end services
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience live service operation at a large scale
- Working knowledge of live service operation at a large scale, security best practices for building, online services and APIs,
- Experience building fault talent, decoupled micro-services is a plus
- Experience designing, documenting and scaling a service to 500K+ users per day (or requests per minute)
- Familiarity with the following languages / technologies: JSON, Docker, Git, Python
- Proficiency in C#, .NET Core and Object Oriented Design
- Experience with Cloud services like Amazon Web Services preferred
- Experience with Database Design and caching and usage of large datasets in both relational (MySQL) and NoSQL (DynamoDB, Redis) environments
- Deep understanding of different networking technologies, protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, REST)
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/austin
Contact: Shannon Schlothauer - firstname.lastname@example.org
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare: Platform Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-11-02 01:52:50.007
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US